Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Is anyone else this frustrated?

Unhappy Is anyone else this frustrated

I keep reading all these posts about how happy everyone seems to be and the great service from CarveWright. I keep thinking am I really the Lone Ranger? I have had a problem with my probe not working since April, 2007, have called several times and get the same answers, Duh, I don't know, I'll check with someone else and call you back...but they never call back. Yes I am a little jelous of all the folks that have been helped, it's not all glory being the Lone Ranger.
    My worst day since being retired is still better than my best day when I had to work.

Then be persistant with them, ask for a supervisor. I have had nothing but great help from the folks at LHR.

Donboy, are you calling LHR/CW or Sears?
    Happy carving , Jeff Birt

Check out www.soigeneris.com for CarveWright Accesories.

Home of the 'Carving in the Dark' back lit LCD kit!

Thumbs up

Lonestar,
    We own a sign carving business and use our Carvewrights on a daily basis. We live in Alaska, so when our machine has had problems, we had to pay for shipping down and CR paid for the return. CR has always been VERY good about helping us get rolling again. We have had to ship two of our machines back to Texas for repair and we still had them back to carving within 2 weeks. Hang in there, it can be frustrating at first but in the end I'm sure you will reap the rewards.

Quote Originally Posted by mcanelly View Post
    Lonestar,
    We own a sign carving business and use our Carvewrights on a daily basis. We live in Alaska, so when our machine has had problems, we had to pay for shipping down and CR paid for the return. CR has always been VERY good about helping us get rolling again. We have had to ship two of our machines back to Texas for repair and we still had them back to carving within 2 weeks. Hang in there, it can be frustrating at first but in the end I'm sure you will reap the rewards.
    I live in alaska as well, but i thought the company paid for the shipping? to and from...

are you machines under warranty? .. or is that just the way it is, they want me to pay shipping down, if the machine breaks before the 200 hours / 1 year warranty?

Default Problems?

I have had my share and yours of issues with the machine. I wont be the last to tell you that they will help you get rolling. I have had mine for almost a year and after many many calls and alot of patience, the machine does what i want it to, but it is not without issues. They are contantly evolving as a comoany and with that the support gets better and better. Hang in there if you truly like the machine.
    Still using 1.120 & 1.126

Default reply

We posted our original message because of the numerous problems we have had with our Compucarve, never guessing the number of replies that would occur.

We have had our machine about 6 weeks. Yesterday it left for LHR for the second time. We have spent uncounted hours on the telephone with technical assistance, troubleshooting every thing on the machine and have replaced many of the parts. We paid postage on three occasions to expedite the delivery (not a complaint, just factual). We so desperately want to be able to use our machine.

We purchased one machine with the intent of learning how to use it, then possibly purchasing another. We haven't learned much yet but we remain hopeful. Many of your messages are inspiring.

We want to be clear in stating that the people at LHR are very nice as that seemed to touch some nerves initially. They really want to help. To be honest, we were glad to send our machine off after an entire week of troubleshooting with LHR. No time to do much else. Again, factual and not a complaint.

We are eagerly waiting to be among the carvers and will likely lurk in the forum to learn all we can. We are long time wood workers and would really enjoy the new aspect this machine can bring to our lives.

We hope no one is offended by our post this time. We thank everyone that has responded.

Respectfully,

Default Not Happy with CW

I have to admit, the crew at CW are the best ever, but I do wish they would make the machine a little more forgiveable. I bought a second machine and with less then 9 hours of carving I have broken one bit and now I'm getting a X stall error.
    The board sencor has gone bad and the sand paper belt has tried to ball up.
    It would be better if there was a better QC. I know the machine is built in China, problem number one. For the price of the machine, it should be tested here in the USA...
    Just venting, after spending a lot of money and haven't made any progress.

grege01 Guest

Default quality

Quote Originally Posted by jwhllh55 View Post
    I have to admit, the crew at CW are the best ever, but I do wish they would make the machine a little more forgiveable. I bought a second machine and with less then 9 hours of carving I have broken one bit and now I'm getting a X stall error.
    The board sencor has gone bad and the sand paper belt has tried to ball up.
    It would be better if there was a better QC. I know the machine is built in China, problem number one. For the price of the machine, it should be tested here in the USA...
    Just venting, after spending a lot of money and haven't made any progress.
    Im a new member here, and trying to come up to speed with the workings and reliability of this product.

It sounds like the company support staff are first rate, but I find it amazing how much patience some people have with troubleshooting and repairing something they paid $1900 for. Don't know about you, but my time is more valuable than that. I know as a software engineer, sometimes you are better off waiting until version 2.0 is ready, rather than banging you head on the wall with something that should never have been released.

Personally I'd rather pay $3K for a solid reliable tool, than $2K for something that comes DOA out of the box, or has be babied all the time.

Any info if this company planning on introducing new upgraded hardware or larger/more reliable commercial models in the near future? Also, I did just notice a large price reduction, where Sears is now running a special for $1699. I can only hope the price drop means a version 2.0 product is on the way...

I hope my post doesn't banned, I would really like to own one of the things someday.

Cheers,
    Greg

Quote Originally Posted by grege01 View Post
    Im a new member here, and trying to come up to speed with the workings and reliability of this product.

It sounds like the company support staff are first rate, but I find it amazing how much patience some people have with troubleshooting and repairing something they paid $1900 for. Don't know about you, but my time is more valuable than that. I know as a software engineer, sometimes you are better off waiting until version 2.0 is ready, rather than banging you head on the wall with something that should never have been released.

Personally I'd rather pay $3K for a solid reliable tool, than $2K for something that comes DOA out of the box, or has be babied all the time.

Any info if this company planning on introducing new upgraded hardware or larger/more reliable commercial models in the near future? Also, I did just notice a large price reduction, where Sears is now running a special for $1699. I can only hope the price drop means a version 2.0 product is on the way...

I hope my post doesn't banned, I would really like to own one of the things someday.

Cheers,
    Greg
    I would like a machine with CW's capabilities - but how can I buy CW when it apparently has no QC? A product that from day one, I can't even expect to receive it working correctly according to these posts?

What's the answer? Buy TWO of them?!?!?! I don't think so.
    Cut them some slack because it's really a $10k machine?!?!? No... that's not how business should work.

I'm sure there's other machines on the market for around $5k that don't break down all the time...

Stupid Question: Why don't CW ship machines that have been thoroughly checked, tested and passed strict quality control?

Why are customers being used as the CW's QC department?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast