Thread: Lemon machine??

1. Angry Lemon machine??

I am not one to complain but so far this machine is a piece of crap. I currently have not had the opportunity to even create one project. After resolving the problem of no working sensors I am still having trouble with my board sensor reading 0. I have replaced the board sensor from LHR and still have had no success. I have spent more time on the phone with tech support the last two weeks than I have with my mother. Currently I would not recommend this to anyone and am considering actively advertising against the product. Any help would be appreciated.

Well, it seems you have tried to work through your issues with the machine. Its quite possible that you did get a lemon. LHR will pay to have the machine shipped to them for repair (and repair it for free too), or if purchased from Sears you could always exchange it. Either of those options seems a lot better than getting your shorts in a wad.

Come on, LHR has done a great job at trying to stand behind their machine. Yes, it inconvenient to have to send your machine to them, but I'm guessing it would be a lot less stressful and quicker then wringing your hands and starting a ridicules anti-CW campaign!
    Happy carving , Jeff Birt

Check out www.soigeneris.com for CarveWright Accesories.

Home of the 'Carving in the Dark' back lit LCD kit!

m439798765432 Guest

I like yourself have had several issues with this purchase. If you insist they take the carver back and diagnose the problems, they will cave in. (ask for Michell) I have only ten hours total on the machine in six weeks time, wow that's burning it up. Losing customers and on and on. Thanks Carve Wright.

You will find a segament on this forum that sees no wrong with the job carve wright is performing and then others that have promises broken. Parts not recieved with a machine that sets on the bench while customers are upset, the option of purchasing a second machine to keep one operating is not in the near futurer. At this time I will never tell a customer of new machinery being purchased and how I will be able to perform work for them until it has been test thourghtly.

Guys, you don't have to beg to get them to fix it! Geesh, I feel like there is a rift in the universe or something. Why is it so hard to just call them and ASK them politely to send you a shipping label? Granted nobody (or company) is perfect, so if you don't get your parts on time call them and ask about it again. (I've serviced large machinery for years and have on occasion had the wrong parts sent to me twice in a row and had rush parts sent to Lebanon New Hampshire, not Lebanon Missouri; because humans make mistakes. In every case the problem was resolved easily with the other company, no fit throwing needed.)

From my point of view, I'd rather take care of the simple problems myself, that is I'd rather have them send me the part. I think in the vast majority of cases, where the problem is not operator error, could be handled very easily in this manner. Other times the machine needs to be looked at by LHR, in that case they pick up the shipping (if under warranty).

I guess I'm just suggesting that perhaps throwing a fit is not the best course of action.

Honey often works better than vinegar.
    Happy carving , Jeff Birt

Check out www.soigeneris.com for CarveWright Accesories.

Home of the 'Carving in the Dark' back lit LCD kit!

Default Second time around

I purchased a carvewright from Sears with great expectations, only to have problems right out of the box. Cw worked with me to fix the machine, but it would have to be sent back or returned to Sears. I returned the machine and received a new one a couple of weeks later. After over 70 hrs. of carve time I am happy to say I have had no serious issues with the machine. I think there are some lemons out there, I glade I stuck with it. This has been a great addition to my shop, if it died tomorrow I would buy another.

Smile CarveWright Repair

I have taken my unit into CarveWright several times for repair and their attitude has been excellent. They repaired my machine...no questions asked and they stand behind their work.

Of course, they can make mistakes in shipping parts, but who doesn't these days. I went to Office Depot to purchase a light magenta and light cyan cartridge. The guarantee that they will have it in stock or shipping is free. I decided to opt for the free shipping on the light magenta cartridge they didn't have.

Today a cartridge arrived...and guess what....they shipped me a light blue cartridge. The box is blue and the packing list says light mag...how could it be any simpler? Fortunately I had purchased a light magenta cartridge from Best Buy.

What I am driving at is that mistakes are made. When you have a unit as complicated and versatile as the CompuCarve you should expect some problems.

Hang in there...it is worth it!