Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Time to show some pics

Default Time to show some pics

I wanted to say thanks to every one for sharing all the pics, files and experience. I run a custom molding business and this machine has really expanded my work.

Here are some pics of lithos and a sign I did for myself. Right now I can't show any of the projects I have sold. Most of my clients are private and the work is custom for each of them. The lithos are of me and my family.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails shop pics006.jpg   shop pics007.jpg   shop pics008.jpg  

Default Nice work

Hamburgrd,

Very nice work. You could probably add a lot to the thread about starting a business using the CC that was receiving posts a few days ago.

Did you use corian for the lithos? If so, what color? I used Glacier white and was pleased with the result.
    Ken,
    V-1, 2, & 3

When the People fear their Government, there is Tyranny.
    When the Government fears the People, there is Liberty.
    - Thomas Jefferson

You must be the change you wish to see in the world.
    - Mohandas Gandhi

Thank you for the kind words.

Yes it is glacier white 1/4" corrian. It works great. I have a great set up for a box to illuminate the lithos that i will photograph and share as soon as i get a chance. I have sold several an have many on order so they are set up for quick production.

I have been running a custom woodworking business for 5 years. The CC has given me a great boost to what i can offer my clients. This machine is so exciting and addicting.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails rosette 3.25 inch.jpg  

Smile Hamburgrd

I see that you made some great looking Litho's. I have a question since you used 1/4" corian. What was the depth that you used and what did you set the height at?

I see numerous posts on here about Litho's and everyone has a different setting.
    Also what file type did you import the photo into the carvewright system?

I have read that JPEG files do not carve well and should use a PNG ile instead. I have also read you need a minimum of 300 DPI for the photo to carve decently.

Thanks in advance.

Depth = .15
    height = 400

I use a PNG format. These lithos were scanned from print at 300 dpi. I carved another on the same piece of corian at 1200 dpi with only marginal increase in quality. I think the quality of the photo is most important. Be careful when sizing in designer. Make sure you type in the size on the tool bar. Do not try to drag them manualy. I have one of my family that makes us look like a family of Popeys (huge forarms).

I'm looking forward to the light box info. That is some nice work.
    CarveSpot - http://www.CarveSpot.com

Default light box photos

This box is 5" deep but I will make the rest 4" to 4.5" deep. on the inside of the box there is two 1/4" wide 1/4" deep grooves set back 3/16" from each edge to accept the litho. The grooves are cut in the full length of the 1/2" board before mitering.

The back is 1/4" MDF. It is glued in place while glueing up the box. The light is screwed into the back.

The placment of the light depends on the litho. Sometimes it must be located off center a little. This one is lcated a little high and right. Trial and error is my process for this.

The slot on the bottom was cut with the same router table setup as the slots inside of the box. This keeps everything lined up. Just drop plunge and slide to the other side. Then raise the bit to 1/2" and repeat.

With this set up when a customer wants to update their litho, it can be done easily.

Eric
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails shop pics001.jpg   shop pics002.jpg   shop pics003.jpg   shop pics004.jpg  

shop pics005.jpg  

This is what it looks like when finished.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails shop pics007.jpg   shop pics008.jpg  

Eric, wow!!!! I need to try out the corian. When I get a least one of my CCs back!!! Great job again!!!

You should submit your projects to the customer gallery on LHR main site.

Rick

Default Very Nice !!!

I like that, a very nice project. Is the light Florescent?

When I worked for SONY we had classes on Japan and the history of SONY. I enjoyed it as I lived in Japan for 2 years 77-79 in the Navy. The guy that started Sony was responsible for burning down a bunch of houses when he first started out in business. It was a few years after WW2 and he had a company making electric Rice Cookers. Ceramic crock pot devices with the heater run by a thermostat. The Cooker was covered with wood slats. The problem was the thermostat, the electrical contacts would weld together and not let the power shut off. The wood would catch on fire and the house would burn down. The lesson in that is watch the liability....

A few months ago the Wood magazine had a Baby Cradle on the cover that was held together with tapered pins. I dreamed to add that to my product line, making it in the Carve Machine and selling them. Then some advice from a friend..... Danger Young Will Robinson.... First time someone does not put it together correctly and a baby falls from the cradle your business is toast....

Same with light boxes.... Error on the side of caution..... Looks like a good design and should not have a over heating problem but temperature tests should be run. If you sell them it could be a liability.

Only saying this because I lived in San Diego for 13 years and learned from the litigation going on in my neighborhood.....

I installed light on each side of my Garage Door on the Stucco wall in San Diego. My neighbor asked me to do his house too. I declined. Another neighbor offered to do it.... and did.... For money... Missed one step that I did.... Putting RTV around the top of the light fixture to seal the water out of the ruff stucco. First rainy night my Neighbors lights shorted out from the water, and yes he didn't bother with the ground wire on the light fixture using a plastic connection box. The black soot above each fixture was a great photo for the lawyers involved.... Pain and Suffering... YOU almost BURNED MY HOUSE DOWN..... O' the pain...... $$$$$$$$.

Good Luck with your very nice project, don't let me rain on your parade. Just food for thought.

AL

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast