Thread: A Message to all new CW and CC Machine Owners

NorthWest PA, Just a few miles South of Erie

OK, you made me do it.

I just placed my order.
    Now I have to wait for it.
    ::

d...

2. Default Waiting is the hard part

I have had mine for a couple of weeks. There is definitely a learning curve but it is going to be very handy. I need to search the posts for a few problems, I know I there was some info on some of my problems but until I got the machine and tried it a lot of what I read did not make a bunch of sense. Not the mist is beginning to clear.........

Smile Restarting after prlonged storage

Jason
    I have just started to use my CC machine. I havent had many issues with it, all of which I have been able to correct. I have visited your web site Very nice I may say. Thankyou for the effort to help us beginners.

I am trying to design an arching for the Strad LeMessie Violin but not having much luck. Any Hints are welcome

Thanks Carl

4. Default

bought mine in march but it never worked they have been kind enough to repair whats a good first project to try?

NorthWest PA, Just a few miles South of Erie

My CW is doing well after I replaced a faulty Quick Change Bit Adapter. I built a rolling table for it with downdraft dust collection. I'm more occupied with the learning curve with the software than the machine. But I'm getting there.

An easy first project is a placque or sign. Just put in some text and a couple of the graphics provided with the software and use inexpensive wood to start.

Try it, you'll like it!

Don
    You can't have EVERYTHING - where would you PUT it?

mitchok Guest

Default Hello from Norman OK

Hi all.

Got my CC as a gift from a friend over a year ago. Just opened up last weekend. I did cruise the forums before powering on. Checked the FS... it was lubed. Took off the twist tie. Loaded lastest designer s/w. Attempted a simple griffin carving on a piece of select pine. No fouls, no errors, no overheating. Definitely have some technique and s/w learning to do.

After reading through the forums more this week... I feel like I am going to go back over the machine again to make sure everything is a-ok. I am thinking I should re-lube the FS to reduce my sense of anxiety I have after reading some of the posts.

MitchOK

Thumbs up

Hi MitchOK,

Welcome to the CW Forum,
    Reading all you can about the machine is a Great way to start.
    Checking the Flex-Shaft is also a really good idea,
    a few have come out of the box with little or no lube on the FS.
    Best to play it safe now, -- less headaches later.
    Ken

Ver 1.182 on XL Pro plus Ver 1.164 and 1.175 on Windows 7 Ultimate
    It Never Fails * Till * You Say It Never Fails

Default Tomahawk 26

I received my CC from a friend about six months ago. Is the a trend? My first test project was in a scrap of red oak that I had in the shop. In the software the demensions were 8" X 10" but it carved the image about 2" X 4" and locked up. Any ideas on what I did wrong?

Talking

Most likely you don't know about the 7 inch rule that your physical board needs to be 7 inches longer than your designer board to let the 3 inches stay under the rollers and flat to the table. Shorter and it is like riding a bicycle with one hand.... The board can kick up and jam or break a bit.

I would find the tips and tricks and read everything before attempting another carving. The manual helps too. This is a complicated piece of equipment and nothing like many have ever used.

If you don't read and understand the machine then you will post angry comments about what junk the machine is rather than admitting you never opened the manual.

Seen it a hundred times here....

Good Luck and WELCOME.

We are hear to HELP.

Any problem you have from the head getting stuck in the up position has been posted and answered here before.

Remember use " " in your search.

AL

That Scrap Red Oak needs to be FLAT not cupped, or tapered in thickness or it will jam.

As for the small image... If you select "STAY UNDER ROLLERS" then it takes the 7 inches from the supplied board and asked you "SCALE IMAGE ?" and you must have said YES.... Hence the small image.
    Last edited by Digitalwoodshop; 11-09-2008 at 10:06 AM.
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

I uderstand about 7 inch rule but does not make a lot of waste? how do you use the rest of the broad and is it just 3 1/2 on each end or 7 inch longer than your project

Thanks Hess

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast