Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can this be fixed?

Default Can this be fixed?

I went yard saling this week-end to look for items that I could scan. Picked up a few items and the below pic from the scanner software is one of them. The piece was quite a bit taller than 1" so I picked a point within the piece it self to set the depth to thinking I would still get it all and just miss the top of the head of the front cherub. The scan depth came out to .985" so I was pretty close but I didn't pick up some of the inner areas that are obviously deeper than my set point...not by much but still deeper. Is there any way I can fix this. I tried to paint in the areas but it was quite noticeably different than the rest of the piece...being much smoother looking using the paint brush. Any one out there ran into this and can help. I can't post the PTN file...Its to big for the forum.
    Lin
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Cherubs.jpg  

You can actually scan close to 1.5" deep. The trick is to make sure that the probe body will not hit the object being scanned when the probe decends to the lowest point of the object.
    Happy carving , Jeff Birt

Check out www.soigeneris.com for CarveWright Accesories.

Home of the 'Carving in the Dark' back lit LCD kit!

Default Churb

Hi Lin
    I Gave It A try Here it is
    Needs a little more work.
    Somebody with the probe software can probably do easyer and faster im still stuck with photo editor for now
    Hope this helps
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails churb1.jpg  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Dave-Carve; 09-03-2007 at 09:59 AM. Reason: Name Change
    If A Picture is worth 1000 words
    "A MPC is worth a 1,000,000 Questions"
    Dave

Thanks Dave and Thanks Jeff...I didn't realize I could scan deeper than 1"...Might just have to try it again...How do you make sure you don't hit the probe body?
    I tried to fill in with the paint brush in the probe software but the brush was much smoother than the scanned piece...so didn't look right
    Going to check out your PTN Dave.
    Lin

Lin,

Prior to setting the Probe perameters, do a manual lowering of the tip into the deepest part of the object to be probed and see if the Probe parts it any other part of the object to be probed. If not, then you should be set to go.

Bob

Default Question?

Bob, Might seem like an obvious question...but never having done this before...how do I manually lower z axis to check?....Do you mean push it down by hand or some how thru the keypad?
    Having worked with industrial CNC's I normally handle all the axis and can move as slow or fast as I want...can this be done thru the keypad on the CW?
    Lin

Default Dave...looks great

Dave, I like it...don't know how you did it but looks great..Hubby says lets carve it. I will invert it and take out the checkered background you picked up from the pic and maybe carve it this week.
    Might not have to rescan it...but might just to see if I can pull it off now that I know I can go over 1".
    Lin
    PS...Got several items from yard saling to put thru the scanner...hope they all com out good. Spent more on gas than the items we picked up...lol
    Last edited by Lin; 09-03-2007 at 12:01 PM.

Lin,

Turn off the machine and it should move easier, but you can move the Z axis up or down without doing any harm at any time, just like you can move the whole head across at any time as long as it's not running (easier, of course, the machine is turned off). You can't move the z axis with the keyboard.

Bob

Default Digital Readout....

You could put the head in the deepest position or the tallest position then select options, 7, and sensor data. At that moment the Z axis will read 0. Move the head and you have your range. Since it Zero's the moment you turn it on, where ever it is at that moment is Zero. It's only a counter. If it is in mid position then you get + and - numbers.

AL
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC06551_WEB.jpg  

10. Default Probe plunging to far problem

Hi My name is Marc and I've been lurking around for a month now. Have carved 4 or 5 test projects. Decided to remake moldings in my old house, got a scanner didn't work. Never saw it auto recognize the probe. Z sensor broke of during a caring found out. Got LHR to send a "work around kit" got it installed yesterday. Seems to go to 1)Scan and do the correct homing and then ask for 1st position and 2nd position. My question is 2 questions.

1. probe is being plunged too far into my wood trim and not stopping when it hit the surface on both starting points and ending points (piece hot glued in my sled), why? Why doesn't it stop and not damage the piece. it pierces it.
    2. I take the probe out of the chuck and remove the mini plug from the work around extension cable. turn off and on.. but machine still has 1)Scan accessory.
    ie I can't carve.. if it thinks the probe is still attached.
    sorry so long.. im new to all this. posting stuff
    Marc

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast