Thread: Vista Graphics Patch

Default Vista Graphics Patch

Hi all.
    A few weeks ago I posted regarding a problem with the designer running under Vista, where I'd get a message along the lines of 'gui.exe stopped responding', and the designer would crash.

Several of you posted help, which I thank you all for, but it was to no avail. This morning I came across an article regarding patches for graphics problems, among other things. It stresses gaming for obvious reasons, but it sounds very similar to what I am experiencing.

I haven't tried it yet, as I just read it and I'm not home, but I thought I'd post for all of your consumption.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/zd/20070830/tc_zd/214359

Rob.

I occasionally get the gui.exe error, using WinXP. I think it has more to do with the Windows Registry (and all the junk that accumulates in it over time) than with designer. But don't quote me on that, I'm only speculating
    OVER 800 FREE CARVING PATTERNS,PROJECTS & more!
    CompuCarveWright.com

¨...make the best tool in your shop even better!¨
    Visit the CompuCarveWright.com SUPERSTORE!
    Great Patterns, Great Prices! And a CHOICE of formats...PTN, MPW, PNG!
    Want to sell your own patterns in our store...a limited number of applicants are being accepted. Contact us today...
    CompuCarveWright.com is not affiliated, associated, or endorsed by LHR Technologies or Sears Holdings...

Default Vista

I've been using Vista Ultimate for 2 months now, and have not had any problems with designer. If your vista was an upgrade rather than full install, there may indeed be a registry problem. Good luck!

Default update - No resolution

Well, applied the patch and I'm still having issues. I think I need to take my memory up to 2 GB.

btw, this is a new laptop [3-4 months old] with Vista factory installed.

Been running Vista Basic for almost 3 months with only an occasional gui error message, some gray lines on the board when you zoom in or out and sometimes it jitters around alittle when I go to move a pattern around on the board. The laptop I am running on only has a 512mb of ram. I put a 2 gigabyte flash on it and that seems to have helped some.