Thread: Football Season Is Upon Us

Default Football Season Is Upon Us

My sister-in-law is a College football fanatic. She has a big screen TV in her store so that she and her customers don't not miss any games. She is particularly fond of the Auburn Tigers.
    If you fallow football in Alabama, you appreciate the rivalry between Auburn Tigers and Alabama Crimson Tide.
    My wife and her are avid Backgammon Players. They live for the game, so I just had to make this project for my sister-in-law's birthday.

It is not yet finished, but will post pictures as the process continues. These pictures are of the rough cut, and light brushing, before painting.
    If anyone would like a copy of the backgammon side of the board let me know and I will post it for you.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails alf.jpg   ali.jpg   auf.jpg   aui.jpg  

http://allcw.com/

Patterns reasonably priced at or below cost.

Carving in LA (Lower Alabama)

Thumbs up

Ted,
    those are really great work, I from Moblile County (all over), use to live in Theodore, any way keep up the good work, i'm impressed.

3. Default backgammon

Ted, nicely done. Yes, please post the BG side of the board.
    Many thanks
    Jimmygee

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Grinnell View Post
    My sister-in-law is a College football fanatic. She has a big screen TV in her store so that she and her customers don't not miss any games. She is particularly fond of the Auburn Tigers.
    If you fallow football in Alabama, you appreciate the rivalry between Auburn Tigers and Alabama Crimson Tide.
    My wife and her are avid Backgammon Players. They live for the game, so I just had to make this project for my sister-in-law's birthday.

It is not yet finished, but will post pictures as the process continues. These pictures are of the rough cut, and light brushing, before painting.
    If anyone would like a copy of the backgammon side of the board let me know and I will post it for you.
    Quick Carver

Default Nice

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Grinnell View Post
    .... If anyone would like a copy of the backgammon side of the board let me know and I will post it for you.....
    Nice Work Ted - Please post the BG side of the board - Dean
    Viet Nam Vet 68' - 69' --- I do custom patterns....you will get more than you expect......
    Down in Louisiana we call this LANYAP which is a saying for “A little something extra”

GO LSU TIGERS # 1

Ozark, Alabama, United States, 108704179153666, Ozark, Alabama

Thumbs up what about front side

Those are awsome can yuo post front side too?
    ROLL TIDE ROLL !!!!!!

Default Backgammon Design

I am posting the MPC file of one side of the game.

My wife is painting it so that the school colors are represented on the correct sides.

Note: After painting, the playing area is coated with a Glaze Coat clear finish. You pour this High Gloss Epoxy in and let it set. It leaves a smooth and cristal clear surface. We make the coat 1/8" thick.

Will post pictures of the game when done.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Default Complete Project

I recommend that you not use this project to sale Backgammon Games with the University Logos on them, as they ARE copywrighted.

This is a mpc file of the complete project. It is cut from 36"X12"X1" red oak.
    This MPC file has the front and back on the board, ready to cut.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Ted nice job on the logos can't wait to see the finished project. One tip I am sure you know this already but when you put on that 1/8" of epoxi not sure why but flys were attacted to it. Did a table top once left it sit to cure went and looked at the next day and there were 3 flies that met their doom and messed up my table top. Talk about putting a fly in the ointment.

Default Updated Pictures

My wife just spent the better part of two days painting on this project, and I think has got it right.

We still have not yet put the 50 layer poly on it, but just wanted to post these pictures of the project so far.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails aaf.jpg   aai.jpg  

Smile Excellent work

Those turned out beautiful, you and your wife make a good team.