Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What to buy?

Default What to buy?

I'm considering a new machine and am wondering if there is a difference I need to consider between the CarveWright and Sears brands. In other words is one better/worse than the other in terms of performance, price, capability, warranty.

Will the machine do box cuts, dovetail cuts on end boards? Just curious.

I've done some woodworking, clockmaking actually, in the past, but have been relatively inactive while the kids were growing up. My last machine was a Shopsmith.

Any comments would be appreciated.

ajay

Default Want to Buy

ajay,
    from what I understand, the only difference in the CC and CW is the name, it is the same Machine.
    I have the CC and it will do anything, it's amazing.
    I would say one and Happy Carving.
    I also have a ShopSmith that I use for Turning (1947) still works Great.
    Michael

Default Where to buy

Same machine.

But Sears has many specials, if you join the tool club you get 10%, and there are other "deals". I paid $1499 for mine. Delivery to store costs no extra. For the first 90 days you can return for money or exchange with no shipping charges or restocking fee.

For my money you get a better deal from Sears than CW. They're great folks, but Sears is local and they aren't, at least not for me.

Andy

Thanks guys, I kind of assumed they were the same machine, but I didn't know for sure. Andy C, what's this tool club? Never heard of it. How do I join?

ajay

You Never Heard Of The "craftsman Tool Club"!!

Default Craftsman Club

Quote Originally Posted by ajay View Post
    what's this tool club? Never heard of it. How do I join?

ajay
    Here is the link to join.....They will send you flyers in the mail and give you special discount pricing on tools:

http://www.craftsman.com/craftsman_signup.html
    Craig

Also keep an eye on Sears online store for 10 to 15% off the Compu-Carve. I saved 15% back in June and I know they have done the same deal at least once since then.
    Lin

I just signed up for the previously unheard of (by me) Craftsman Tool Club.

I must live under a rock.

Thanks all.

ajay

SIGN UP FOR A SEARS CREDIT CARD AND GET ANOTHER 10% OFF, ON THE DAY IT GOES ON SALE, WITH THE CRAFTSMAN CLUB SALE GOING, A SEARS COUPON, AND MAYBE A NO INTEREST-NO PAYMENT FOR 12 MONTHS. HECK, YOU MAY GET IT FOR UNDER 1,000.00. heh-heh

or if you have a dividend visa card then you would get double the warranty, check with visa company to make sure yours does. i asked them about it before i bought and they said any elec item i buy on the card it get double the manufact warranty at no cost.

in my case it did not matter cause i returned to sears for refund but something to keep in mind.

Tim
    I know there is no point in reinventing the wheel, but reinventing myself is a worthy goal to be sure.

Tim

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast