Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Jewlery box and more projects by Doc Wheeler

Smile cribbage box

Thank you for the information. Great idea to check the font on scrap wood first.

I will post a photo when I finish the job

Quote Originally Posted by rjustice View Post
    jspringertx,
    Yes you can achieve what you are wanting to do by using a sled to fixture the part, so long as the part is less than 5" tall including the sled. Depending on whether the top of the part is flat or not, you may need to stop the machine when it is finding the top with the bit, and jog to a location that is at the level you wish to engrave with the centerline text. Since this is a finished peice, I would highly reccomend practicing your text to size on a scrap piece first.

We would love to see a picture when you are done!

Happy carving!

Ron

Talking cribbage box

Quote Originally Posted by BobHill View Post
    You gave the width and length of the box, but not the height. Remember that the height limit is 5" max and since you'd have to use a sled, that would, of course, include that height in addition to that of the box.
    Bob
    The height of the box and a sled will be well under 5" or I will cut the legs off (just kidding). I really appreciate the forum at times like this. Two great responses to my question.

Default Kens stuff

Story time,
    There are several reasons for this post, one is Julies comment, and another is sort of a thank you to Paul (pkunk).

When my machine messed up the first time, I pmed Paul and explained that I had only one usable limb - not to freak him out, but I did not know how hard it would be to "operate" on the machine from a wheelchair and with only one arm (I found that it ain't easy). Paul was very supportive, but I sent the machine to Texas.

If you folks have not seen Julie's shop, you need to check out her diagram.

Anyway I spouted off awhile back and said something about knowing about some graphics programs (and with the help of a computer had taken several things to reality), but didn't know how to do gradients.

So attached are three completed turbo-cad projects done prior to getting my CC (one of which is what Julie referred to).

If I had my CC earlier I would have done more with the entertainment center. As it is I only made the larger doors (with grilles), the drawer unit under the TV, and the arched pieces at the top. My wife helped me with the 3/4" plywood until I got it cut to managible sizes - I had some carpenter friends cut and erect the other stuff, and I bought the fluted boards and small door/drawer-fronts.

The 1990 house was the second house I built and my final attempt to re-make my first marriage. The 2000 house was with my current wife. I drew the houses, had my carpenter friends erect the 1990 one, and Susan and I were the general contractors on the current one. I painted/stained/varnished, cut tile/laid tile, for those of you who have built your own homes - you know the rest. There is a lot you can do even if you only have one arm - it is just a lot slower.

Incidently, I was in my twenties when I built my first home, 50's for my second, and 60's for our current home.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails EC.jpg   1990House.jpg   House2000.jpg  
    Ken,
    V-1, 2, & 3

When the People fear their Government, there is Tyranny.
    When the Government fears the People, there is Liberty.
    - Thomas Jefferson

You must be the change you wish to see in the world.
    - Mohandas Gandhi

I'm more than a little impressed and humbled, that's for sure.

Bob

You done good, Doc! Nice work!
    The 50-50-90 rule: Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

Do it on a Mac.
    Vietnam Vet '65-'66

Default Thanks guys

I thank you for your kind remarks.
    I think it might be hard to imagine a life as "different" as I (and others) have had. In reality, we all walk a different path, I guess that is what I wanted to say all along. I am able to do and understand from where I am - its just a little different.
    Ken,
    V-1, 2, & 3

When the People fear their Government, there is Tyranny.
    When the Government fears the People, there is Liberty.
    - Thomas Jefferson

You must be the change you wish to see in the world.
    - Mohandas Gandhi

Thumbs up

Ken, very nice work.. and beautiful homes! You have a lot to be proud of

Ron
    To order the "Made in USA" Rock Chuck, and other custom tools and accessories I make for your CarveWright, see my website by clicking here -> http://www.cw-parts.com
    See a quick video of the new Rock Chuck in action here!
    Read up on QC Removal for stubborn chucks here
    See the Rock install video here
    You can also visit here for discussion content.
    Email me by clicking here

I THOUGHT I heard my ears ringing earlier <g> Doc you were talking bout me.

Thank you my friend for posting the pictures, you really do amazing work. I choose to look at you as not 'slower' because of whats happened. I much prefer to think you appreciate what you have that much more.

And as to the shop <g> no one wants to see my knife making shop ;p wrong boards.

Niener, niener, niener.

J
    "Today I am becoming who I once dreamed to be."

Default Very Nice Work

Doc,

I really am impressed with the work you did, very amazing with only one limb. I couldn't do that with both of mine. Sounds you have overcome any hurdles you may have had. Nice job.

Ken,

Great work, I'd say second to none.
    And I would like to say I admire your attitude towards life
    and playing the cards we're dealt, my Hats off to you.
    Ken

Ver 1.182 on XL Pro plus Ver 1.164 and 1.175 on Windows 7 Ultimate
    It Never Fails * Till * You Say It Never Fails

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast