Thread: pierced carvings

Default pierced carvings

can anyone give me step by step instructions on making pierced carvings

Welcome to the form.
    If your talking about cutting all the way thru some places in the pattern, then select a patten on the board in designer and right click on it and select outline pattern, then select -cut path- from the tool bar that should get it.

later Daniel

Also try a search for a lot of info on most any subject.

Were all here to help if you need anything.
    1.187 Custom Woodworking for more than 40-years

Default pierced carvings

I got as far as outline & cut path but im trying to put a bunch of design paterns together on one piece & cut out between each piece.

Post the mpc what you have so far , Worst case scenario you might have to make a few vector shapes and cut them out.
    Mike G
    Custom wood working, etc, www.gmanind.com

5. Default

I did one before really simply. Used elements from their standard patterns. left a rectangle frame around it and overlapped the scroll elements so as to leave good solid connection to the outer frame. Then set the carving depth to just greater than the board thickness and that was it. Just have to be aware of maintaining enough support for the piece and little dangly parts that may get thin and snap. Anyway, the key was making a carve region deeper than the board was thick. Then whatever you add pattern wise is actually what will be left. OK thats my post for the week