Thread: artcam ?

Default artcam ?

does anyone know if or how to get a transparent background on a relief in artcam once converted to a bmp? Just tooling around with it a bit and all i've saved, have the colored background wich creates a carve region around the actual pic, i tried to convert to bmp and import to designer invert and lower one step, as indicated in another post. just trying to get the image only, not the backround, like in the carvebuddy files or vector arts files.
    Still using 1.120 & 1.126

NewCarver,

In raster graphics it's the format first that will or will not allow for transparency and the situation allowing transparency is the software that can open it; some software allows transparency if it's there in the format that allows it, and some software does NOT allow it, regardless of the format. In your case, BMP does NOT allow transparency, and the only formats that Designer will recognize of those formats allowing it, is PNG and GIF (not BMP or JPG, which don't allow transparency).

Therefore, if you can make the background transparent in RAW state of your program, then do a Save As to PNG or GIF and make your background transparent there for importing into becoming a PTN in Designer. Or, make the background white in any of the recognized formats (BMP, JPG, GIF, PNG) and use Lower/Raise to eliminate the background in Designer.

Bob

you can do it by importing what ever image you want to use and once it is in there, you use a tool called polyline you then trace the image you want to carve.

when you go to machine vector you select image first and at the top you select image not whole

i am sure you get the idea.
    Tim
    I know there is no point in reinventing the wheel, but reinventing myself is a worthy goal to be sure.

Tim