Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Center Line Again

Default Center Line Again

Hi all.. I noticed some postings from those using Center Line. I just received my Carvewright about 3 weeks ago and have been using the packaged version of software 1.120.

I downloaded a demo version from a posted forum link that was to be 1.028 but it gave me 1.029.

Although this has center line there is a major problem with 99% cpu usage whenever I open the text window to work on font selection etc. Although it is usable it can take several minutes for me just to enter a single line of text due to the extreme slow down. I loaded 1.029 on another computer and it does the same.

Would anyone know of a link or have available another demo or registerable version with center line other than 029 in the hopes the text windows work properly as does my new version 1.120.

Thanks..

RickC,

Welcome to the forum,
    I've been playing a little with the same 029 centerline you have seen,
    just to see and get a feel for what it could do and look like in some of my carvings,
    Without slow downs.
    I'm still waiting with the rest of the folks here for the updated release.
    Last edited by Kenm810; 07-21-2007 at 11:49 AM.
    Ken

Ver 1.182 on XL Pro plus Ver 1.164 and 1.175 on Windows 7 Ultimate
    It Never Fails * Till * You Say It Never Fails

Centerline is still being developed & only was provided to Beta testers in the full version. It is a CPU and memory hog. I notice some slowdown on my new Mac, my 2 year old Mac couldn't handle it. My new windows laptop with dual processors and 1 gig of ram slows down to a crawl and sometimes the program crashes if the letters are too large. That's the way it is.
    The 50-50-90 rule: Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

Do it on a Mac.
    Vietnam Vet '65-'66

Default Same As Updated

Works good for me didnt notice any slow down.
    Just takes a while to load welcome screen after that just as fast as updated version ???

Am I Missing Something ???
    If A Picture is worth 1000 words
    "A MPC is worth a 1,000,000 Questions"
    Dave

Default Yes problem with text entry of my 029

Yes Dave-Carve.. Seems some of us have a problem using 1.029 when entering text. Computer comes to an almost hault, can take 5 min to enter line of text a character at a time. I get around it by using 1.120, which works fine, by doing my design and text then saving the file. I then open the file with .029 and select edit text which is still slow but since I am editing a whole line at a time it is faster than entering text one character at a time. Once I select edit text I click on the Center Line radio button choose my bit and save.

If you are using .029 and not having problems there must be something different in mine and yours. I tried mine on another comp and on my notebook, all having the same problem. I would like to get a working .029 or .028 or any working one with centerline.

No slow downs for me either and I'm pretty sure I used the same version that you found (.029). Maybe you have some corrupt font files causing it?
    Charles M

Default Your Computer?

How fast is your computer? How much RAM?. With a P4 and 1 Gig of RAM. Running XP. I have not seen the slow down.

I do hit save after every 2 or 3 changes as I have had it crash if I select something and hit delete.

AL

It's pretty fast. Believe me, you don't want to do too many signs with really large centerline. Here's a pic of a sample for a 3ft x 5ft sign with 6 1/2" letters. I use a 1" wide 90° signmaker bit. The letters wind up being almost 1/2" deep.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSCN6567.JPG  
    The 50-50-90 rule: Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

Do it on a Mac.
    Vietnam Vet '65-'66

I haven't tried using centerline yet at all for a carving. What bit is normally used for centerline? I have the older version and also found that if I tinkered to much going back and forth changing the font and such I had my system throw the gui error also. Thats when I realized it must be a memory hog and why it became unavailabe in the newer versions. I can have three graphics program open on my system working between them and not have a problem. The centerline text is the first time I have had any type of issue with my system wanting to lock up like that.
    Lin

I know its late and I am not sure why I am asking this but if centerline text is such a big problem for your computer to handle then why does it do outlining with little or no problems? I was just curious trying to comfigure one line sounds easier than configuring 2 lines that go around the first line.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast