Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Probe price went down?

Default Straight from then Carvewright website

Holiday Sale - $75 off the Scanning Probe

Holiday Sale - $50 off The Full Bit Set.

The "Get it All" Package gives you everything you need at one amazingly low price! This includes the CarveWright, the Scanning Probe, the Full Bit Set, and our Centerline Text software add on. This offer expires on December the 17th, so buy yours today.
    *Order by the Sunday and recieve it by Christmas

Sounds pretty good.

Not sure if they were backordered or what but I just got confirmation today with a shipping number after two weeks of waiting. Now just to wait another week for delivery.

Just got it today and couldn't wait to tear the box open. Unfortunately, it doesn't move down once I've jogged it into position and if I encourage it (move it myself) along I get an error. I've read some other posts about this kind of behavior and tried everything that I could find listed but nothing has worked yet. I've left a message with tech support to call me back. If anyone has an other ideas, please let me know.

Default Probe not going down

Mine did that when I first got it. I found the screws were loose that hold it in the adapter. As soon as I tightened them up, it took right off.

What screws??In the z truck?mine does the same thing but I can manually push it down and it works

Default Probe not going down

The two small set screws that hold the probe in the bit adapter. They are on the probe assembly itself, not the machine. Each one of your bits have the same screws. Check out each one of your bits, I've had several where they were not tight straight from LHR.

Quote Originally Posted by dougmsbbs View Post
    The two small set screws that hold the probe in the bit adapter. They are on the probe assembly itself, not the machine. Each one of your bits have the same screws. Check out each one of your bits, I've had several where they were not tight straight from LHR.
    Interesting, I thought that you were referring to the three screws that hold the actual probe together. I did check those. I did not check the set screws in the adapter, but I will now.

I've tested the probe (with the multimeter) and it seems to be doing its job. I strongly suspect the machine. My machine has really been acting strange since I've been trying to use the probe. This is just one problem that I've had, albeit the most important right now. I also had an issue yesterday with not being able to cancel out of the scan menu at all, I had to completely power down.

Anyway, hopes and expectations remain high, I can't wait to be able to complete my first scan. Hopefully, someone will have the answer soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron View Post
    What screws??In the z truck?mine does the same thing but I can manually push it down and it works
    If I manually push mine down I get the "motion flush w/o servo" error. I am running firmware 1.124 btw. At this point I'd be very happy if I could manually adjust it and get a scan out of it.

Cool Spoke with CarveWright

I just got off of the phone with CarveWright (they called me). It seems that I am going to have to replace my ztruck with the newer version. For some reason, with the existing ztruck, it will not allow the machine to change from the ztruck to the cover as the source for the probe to plug into.

Now I just have to wait for the part to come in.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123