Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help trying to find.

Default Help trying to find.

There was a sign posted somewhere on this site, I think it was in this folder but Im not finding it. It showed a sign heavily carved with a font name that started with a B- it was medieval. I think the name was blackmon? But don't quote me, I haven't had any coffee yet.

Can any of you point me in the right direction? Thanks bunches!!!

Julie
    "Today I am becoming who I once dreamed to be."

I remember it, but it's eluding me also. If I remember it was by Dan Woodman.
    The 50-50-90 rule: Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

Do it on a Mac.
    Vietnam Vet '65-'66

Remember, Julie, that fonts are proprietary to the system, not the Designer file, so unless you have the same font on your system, you won't see it from any downloaded MPC file, regardless of it's name. Thus, if you wish the name of a font, you might also ask "where can I find it," although there are font sights you can Google and find almost any style or even individual font by name.

Bob

Quote Originally Posted by BobHill View Post
    Remember, Julie, that fonts are proprietary to the system, not the Designer file, so unless you have the same font on your system, you won't see it from any downloaded MPC file, regardless of it's name. Thus, if you wish the name of a font, you might also ask "where can I find it," although there are font sights you can Google and find almost any style or even individual font by name.

Bob
    Yeah Bob I know that- this person had done a sign in a font. I'm pretty sure he carved the example using the actual name of the font on the sign- I'm trying to find that again so i can locate the font. I'm a bit disgusted that out of 2800 fonts I don't have this one, and I really liked the look of it for the project I'm currently working on.

I didn't go looking for it at the time because I was expecting inlaws from out of state and figured- oh I'll remember this.... NOT.

Old age, gotta love it.

J
    "Today I am becoming who I once dreamed to be."

Default Sign Font

I believe it was Blackmon, the post was about Centerline

Default centerline

Saw a post by Woodman on AllCW with the Blackmon jpg post

I also seem to think it was "Blackmon", but doing a search in fonts, I sure didn't see where anyone carried it (especially Adobe or MyFonts). Perhaps Dan knows where it's available from.
    Bob

The 50-50-90 rule: Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

Do it on a Mac.
    Vietnam Vet '65-'66

Blackmon ... old English. Punk found it. From the looks, any number of the Old English fonts should work, however, Julie. And, you must have a bunch in your collection, I would think.
    Bob

Quote Originally Posted by BobHill View Post
    Blackmon ... old English. Punk found it. From the looks, any number of the Old English fonts should work, however, Julie. And, you must have a bunch in your collection, I would think.
    Bob
    Excuse me. Bob, your typing is insulting!

Do it on a Mac.
    Vietnam Vet '65-'66

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast