Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I think I killed my machine

Default Sears Return Policy

Lin,
    Sounds as if your return worked out better than mine.
    On 7/5/7 my machine had a "Z axes stall" and would not clear.
    I wasn't to concerned because I figured I could exchange my unit quicker than a repair and have the warante re-newed.
    I paid for the macine on 4/4/7.
    Finally got it on 4/21/7.
    I went to the store on 7/7/7.
    Under the 90 day return policy I thought I was, at least 14 days before the 90 return and only 3 days from the orginal purchase.

The first problem was this little witch in the tools department says, in effect to bad the 90 days starts at the time of purchase (3 days late).
    After some discusion about this stupid rule, what if it took 60 days for delivery, then you would only have 30 for it's return.
    She got irratatied and just walked away and did not return.
    An assist manager came along and I told him of my problem.
    He listened looked sympathetic and went to the back to talk to the "orginal witch" after 15 minutes or so he returned and said that it was a "Home electronics product which has only a 30 day return" and I was out of luck.
    He was polite but I thought it was a VERY inapropriate answer.
    He did say that the local repair center would send it to Texas for me.

I was so damn mad I could not spit.

Was your machine returned under 30 day or 90 day policy?

I'm not sure whether the compucarve is a 30 or 90 return, I cannot tell from the internet adds.

All Be careful about the Sears return policy, if it takes 3 weeks to get it you may have only 7 days to see if it works.

Russ

It says 90 days in the manual you get from Sears, might have helped if you had shown them the manual (but maybe not) Just sounds like the guy was trying to get you to shut up and leave. Too bad idiots like the two you ran into give the rest of the good Sears associates a bad name.
    Happy carving , Jeff Birt

Check out www.soigeneris.com for CarveWright Accesories.

Home of the 'Carving in the Dark' back lit LCD kit!

It had been less than 30 days (order date 6/19 picked up at store on 6/2 but my understanding of what the manual states...90 days. Never thought about date of purchase versus actually delivery date..that could cause a problem.
    I had ordered the machine online and had it sent to my nearest Sears for me to pick up. I took it back to that Sears and had no problems getting the refund and then reordering for the same 15% off price that I had originally paid for it. The manager also look to see if within the time I ordered the machine and now the reorder if it had been any cheaper. It had not... Hubby and I talked with the manager for quite a bit of time about woodworking in general. He enjoys building furniture as a hobby. So for me anyways...I had a good experience with Sears...Thinking I need to make them one of the Craftsman wrenches when I get my machine back and take it to Sears for them to show what the Compu-Carve can do...
    Lin

Default Paid by Commission???

Will the girl loose money out of her pay check for a return, giving up a commission???

AL

Default Sears Return Policy

My impresion was that she did not want to botherd ordering another unit, I think if one had been in the store it would have been OK.

WhenI got home I orderd a second unit with the intention of returning my old broken one with the new package.

It seems fair sense they are taking advantage of me.

Now that I have had a few days to sleep on it, I will probably keep both.

I'm having carving withdrawel!

I talked to Chris at LHR, nice guy, who is sending me a new controller.

Russ

6. Default

Returned mine about two weeks short of the 90 days and had no problem with sears at all. The people that you dealt with at sears and their treatment of you should be reported up their chain of command so they mend their ways or move on.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12