Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I want to scan a pistol and eventually a rifle

Now that's something I have thought of ... and that's making custom grips for my "working" pistols. Lee. Before we all had to go "standard," and were using .38's and .357's most of us had thumb rests (before combat ranges became popular) made to order for our individual hands. I would think that making fitting blanks, then using modeling clay to shape the handle might just work with the probe (baking the clay after it's made to fit). I haven't done that yet, but certainly have thought of it.
    Bob

Quote Originally Posted by RC Woodworks View Post
    Quick question.... who are we?? Haven't you said you are just a CC owner and not part of CW? Just a question out of curiosity, not trying to be offensive.

Rick
    But you are offensive, Rick. You know full well who I am and who I don't work for.
    The 50-50-90 rule: Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

Do it on a Mac.
    Vietnam Vet '65-'66

[QUOTE=pkunk;27517]But you are offensive, Rick. You know full well who I am and who I don't work for.[/QUOTE

opps! just checking must be a mouse in the pocket! lol Never know maybe you are working on a new probe! Why not a bunch of people sell things for the CC.

Ok then I won't become defensive!!! just offensive!!!! Hope you laughed!

Rick

Rick... did you see post #10 ?

Ron
    To order the "Made in USA" Rock Chuck, and other custom tools and accessories I make for your CarveWright, see my website by clicking here -> http://www.cw-parts.com
    See a quick video of the new Rock Chuck in action here!
    Read up on QC Removal for stubborn chucks here
    See the Rock install video here
    You can also visit here for discussion content.
    Email me by clicking here

Oh boy I am in trouble again!!! I was giving Paul a bad time, we didn't start out on the right foot. So I am trying to mend the problem, he has said in the past he was just an owner not a CW employee. So I was teasing him and I think he took it as a that.

I just threw in the that he might be developing a new probe. I appreciate all that offers patterns and like you affordable bits. That is why I say I know what my mind wants to say, but when my 2 fingers type it comes out wrong!

Rick

PS no I didn't see post 10

Smile

LOL... boy we have wayyyyyy tooo much fun here....

Ron
    To order the "Made in USA" Rock Chuck, and other custom tools and accessories I make for your CarveWright, see my website by clicking here -> http://www.cw-parts.com

Well I try to, but I get in trouble for it! just remember I ain't right!

Rick

Default I don't know who to quote??

You guys are the greatest. I bought an Alumilite casting kit in case the gun scans scratch..... Haven't tried it out yet. Fortunately, I have an old worthless .38 to practice with. I'll put layout dye on it when I finally do get a chance to scan it. I bought the build-it-yourself CopyCarver plans last month. Having a lathe, it would be easy for me to copy any cutter to make a follower for the original. I'd make the follower of nylon or delrin.

I'm working on a POS laptop with a short circuit that goes off without notice. I'm building a new computer I hope to come back with so I can be a normal person online.

Gary
    It's not a hammer, it's a microadjuster!

Good luck with your computer build, Gary. I've got a few T-Shirts on that subject myself <g>.
    Bob

Guys,
    Concerning probing delicate items see this thread... post #4... let me know what you think...

Thanks,

Ron

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast