Thread: Sign using different bits ?

Default Sign using different bits ?

I've never use two different bits in a routine & cant find the reference material on doing that - could someone give me a few pointers - I tried one yesterday. CW asked me to select bits I did but it tried to raster & vector with the same bit thats where I got confused - thanks you all! Neville

Default here goes

IT depends on what your doing. For instance- Start by selecting a carving pattern, put that where you want it, this will be a raster carving. Then select text, place that away from your carving region, you now can select raster or outline, raster will use carving bit by default, if you select outline, then after clicking ok in the text mode, you can the from the main screen "select bit" then you can use any bit you have, i use 60 and 90 degree bits for carving outline text and depending on the size of the lettering change the depth of the outline. 1 inch letters or smaller use a depth of .060 or less, larger letters use up to .100. The same would apply to carving a pattern then, creating a cutout path, carving bit will be used for the carving, and for the cutout, a cutting bit will be used.
    Still using 1.120 & 1.126

Default thanks Newcarver

You know I used to know how to use this thing, but a 9 month gap caused me to lose the manual & my memory. Thanks for the tips - it makes sense now. Dubliner