Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Size of letters question

Default Size of letters question

I have not figured this out. Have any of you?

Assume a board any size. You want the number 3 and the number 4 entered on the board but not next to each other . you bring the numbers to the board via TEXT insert and have to drag the corners to increase the size of the numbers for the project. How do you make sure the numbers are the same size other than eyeballing it?

Default sizing letters

grab a corner of your text box and move it around. if you look on the tool bar direcly above the board, you will see two sets of dimensions changing rapidly. those are the text dimensions. you can click on those boxes and specify dimensions. once typed in, just go back and click on the text box and the box will change size.

Yep, thats what I do. Just insert the text and while its still highlighted type in the boxes above to get what you want. If its a pattern and you do that in one box the other box will change accordingly to keep the proportion.

Thanks guy. I never put that together in my head. Works great!

Default Rough Text

Speaking about TEXT, I just did an American Legion Emblem for a plaque using Oak and Poplar woods and the Text within the emblem is NOT Sharp and crisp. I used the 1/16" bit because of the inside patterns, but the text is really bad. The emblem is about 6" in diameter and carved about 1/4" deep. I imported the emblem using .gif and .png formats with the same results. From some of the other comments I read, maybe "Size" does matter? If I increased the diameter would the text be more pronounced? I really don't want to increase the size of the plaque too much. Anyone have any ideas? This is my first posting and I am very, very new to the CarveWright system, but from looking at all your postings, you guys are proving to be the "Experts"..... Tks -

Greg,
    If you are speaking of text that is left standing, then yes you are correct. By scaling up the whole project, it will make the text bigger as well... The bigger the sign, the thicker the text font will become.
    Another thing to try would be to decrease the depth of the carve. I replied to this thread a couple weeks ago talking about depth to width ratios with standing text or details... It would be good for you to read through some of that... but ultimately that is what will make it work / not work. A lot of varibles go into it.
    To order the "Made in USA" Rock Chuck, and other custom tools and accessories I make for your CarveWright, see my website by clicking here -> http://www.cw-parts.com
    See a quick video of the new Rock Chuck in action here!
    Read up on QC Removal for stubborn chucks here
    See the Rock install video here
    You can also visit here for discussion content.
    Email me by clicking here

Greg; Are You Saying That The Text Came With The Pattern, Or Did You And The Text To The Pattern? If Added, Which Are You Using?(raster, Outline, C/l) Post The Mpc. And Someone Will Look At It...

Yes, the text came with the emplem download - friend of mine e-mailed it to me - must have come right from the AL Hq. WEB Site. Don't really want to increase the size much if I don't have to. Might change the depth on a scrap piece and see what happens. I'll take a pic of one of them and post it later.

Maybe Edit The Text Out , And Then Add It In Designer?

Default American Legion Emblem Text Problem

Will give that a try - if possible. You can see the problem with the attached plaque. I think the whole emblem is maybe too delicate for a project like this?? I hope not..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails MVC-004F.JPG  

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast