Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Amazing spray painting technique--off topic

Ken,

Watching that guy flying those kites is amazing and entertaining.
    I my opinion if you can entertain people and enjoy what you’re doing,
    then you are, -- truly an Artist.

Thanks for sharing
    Ken

Ver 1.182 on XL Pro plus Ver 1.164 and 1.175 on Windows 7 Ultimate
    It Never Fails * Till * You Say It Never Fails

You realize those kites probably have a 6'+ span on them? REALLY impressive.

My dive instructor/store owner back in Spokane used to fly competitively. We all took up kite flying during or surface intervals while diving on the coast. I have a little 4.5' Delta wing kite I don't noseplant and thats about as good as I got. It's such a cool thing to watch when they get it right. (sort of like the CC) <g>

Thanks for sharing!!!!

Julie
    "Today I am becoming who I once dreamed to be."

Ahh, diving .. now you're talking, Julie. I'll watch the kites and admire ... but diving is a world all it's own ... All my diving was in Southern California (about every weekend at Catalina), but I should be doing it here in Florida ... just haven't.

Bob

Talking

I was warned by my store owner and instructor if i started diving warm water I'd be ruined for cold after that. And sadly saw that to be the case from the folks we certified and then sent down south on holiday trips. "I don't want to go back on cold water- no way!"

I could never afford to do warm, but loved the Puget Sound with all my heart. Probably one of the saddest decisions I made when I moved to MI. was to part with my gear but I got involved in draft horses (had a team of Belgians). Now they are retired and I'm out of them as well. So its just myself, my baby girl and a shop full of tools and that old fishing boat of ours. (think I'll stay out of trouble?)

No wait- I'm in SCA fat chance that!!!

J

With a good 1/4" hooded suit, there's nothing wrong with cold water at all. 87&#176; top water here in Florida is too warm for anything but skin, but in So. Cal, the water below 2nd atmosphere goes into the low 50's and mid to high 40's even in dead summer. I never did try a dry suit, but after the first thrill of a skin-in wet suit it's toastie. But I guess we're getting off the carving subject <g>.

Bob

And what was this painting string then? <g>

Painting on wood, or at least paper, which is a wood product and similar to what we might use to carve upon???<g> But then one might find some exotic wood under water also, mightn't one? I understand there are still many very old virgin timber logs at the bottom of Lake Superior that got dumped lo those many years ago when it was used big time to float logs to mills from the high timber country. Dry those babies out and I'll bet one could really get some prime carving material ... now how's that for a seque from scuba<vbg>

Bob

Quote Originally Posted by BobHill View Post
    now how's that for a seque from scuba<vbg>

Bob

::Laughs:: color me impressed <g>

J

Default Lake logs

Bob,
    I hear that the price of that timber is out of reach of any of us. Don't recall where I read about it, but remember the money they were asking - and getting.
    Ken,
    V-1, 2, & 3

When the People fear their Government, there is Tyranny.
    When the Government fears the People, there is Liberty.
    - Thomas Jefferson

You must be the change you wish to see in the world.
    - Mohandas Gandhi

Default Mine your head on the ice when surfacing

Color you BLUE when dive Kitchi-gummi, The Big Sea water as Chippewa and the Menominee Indians called Lake Superior the largest freshwater lake in the world. When I was much younger we had a cottage on the lake not to far from Copper Harbor. We always referred to that area as the Copper Country. Even though my Dad and Grand Dad were Lumber Men, Copper Mining was more dominant by the time I was born in Red Jacket or what is now called Calumet, another Indian word and name that means Peace Pipe. Now a days there are several companies and individuals cashing in on the sunken lumber Gold that lies at the bottom of lake all around the old lumber camps. Diving there even in the summer can be rather uncomfortable without the proper gear it's really cold and often has heavy rollers with strong under tows. I lost an ear drum while diving there from that. But I've seen some of the milled recovered wood, It is unbelievably beautiful --- and expensive. I suspect it would carve like a Dream.
    Last edited by Kenm810; 07-13-2007 at 07:46 AM.
    Ken

Ver 1.182 on XL Pro plus Ver 1.164 and 1.175 on Windows 7 Ultimate
    It Never Fails * Till * You Say It Never Fails

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast