My Quickrelease chuck is not releasing (quickly or otherwise). In the past, I've had problems getting a bit out after compressing the chuck, and I solved it by lightly lubricating the adapters before inserting them, as per the suggestion from several forum members. However this time, the chuck will not compress at all. I've used all the hand streangth I can muster and tried the release tool. The mechanism will not be compressed into the position where it releases a bit. I've got my carving bit in there right now. Anyone have this situation and solve it successfully? A couple of facts: I was able to swap the cutting and carving bits several times this morning. I did a very long carving session (> 1 hour) with the carving bit. It may have gotten fairly hot and I left it in for several hours, while taking the kids to watch fireworks. It may have coooled into a bad configuration. I recently put a some blue loc-tite on the threads of the quick-release (where it screws onto the flex-shaft spindle). I let it cure for 36 hours or more (the package only recommended 24), but I'm worried that the heat of the carving today, softened the loc-tite, and the spinning caused it to "leak" out into the compress/release mechanism. Seems a little unlikely given the amounts involved and the geometry of the quick-release, but I've never had trouble getting the chuck into the "release" configuration before. Anyone have any thoughts?

cycollins