Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rout Tool Feature In 1.2

1. Default Rout Tool Feature In 1.2

The manual states that the rout tool feature is located under the tools menu on the toolbar. The design program I currently have does not list this as an option. I have already upgraded the software on the CW site. Is this feature supposed to be in the standard program or is it in another one?

some of the features in "the manual" are not available in the latest version of the software, (or at least I have not been able to make 'em work)... seems there is a lag in time between the latest software version, and the manual.
    ver 1.162
    -If it ain't broke, don't fix it. If it is jammed, force it. If it breaks, it needed replacing anyway.
    -If it moves and it shouldn't, duct tape it. If it doesn't move and it should, Boeshield T-9

Maybe I don't understand the software yet but I have a icon called edges in the software that gives the routing options and several bits...is that what you are lookng for?
    Lin

Tools> edge rout. second one down. It works but you must have the bits you select.
    Last edited by pkunk; 07-03-2007 at 06:40 PM. Reason: correction
    The 50-50-90 rule: Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

Do it on a Mac.
    Vietnam Vet '65-'66

It works for us beta testers but does everyone have it?
    1.187 Custom Woodworking for more than 40-years

I have the options and I just got my machine. I just don't have the bits till I buy them. That sorta bring up a question I have. How often do you guys and gals use the other bits other than the 1/8" cutting bit and the 1/16" carving bit.
    What if any other bits should I be looking at purchasing?
    Lin

7. Default

What I'm refering to is "not" the edge route feature. Under the help tool in the toolbar, click on using two dimensional geometry, you will see a routing section and a rout tool section, the route tool section is the one I'm refering to. Basically, I'm trying to assign depths for different areas of images. according to the manual this feature allows me to break down the image and assign various depth values to the images
    Last edited by Robin Fellows; 07-03-2007 at 08:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Robin Fellows View Post
    What I'm refering to is "not" the edge route feature. Under the help tool in the toolbar, click on using two dimensional geometry, you will see a routing section and a rout tool section, the route tool section is the one I'm refering to. Basically, I'm trying to assign depths for different areas of images. according to the manual this feature allows me to break down the image and assign various depth values to the images
    It works also. I selected the circle icon, poped a circle on the board, selected tools> select bit & so on.
    The 50-50-90 rule: Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

Do it on a Mac.
    Vietnam Vet '65-'66

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by pkunk View Post
    It works also. I selected the circle icon, poped a circle on the board, selected tools> select bit & so on.
    Thanks for taking the time out to respond. I do not have the icon on my tool bar that is shown in the manual that offers me the option of using the rout feature. I have done a right click on the toolbars to add the icon but it is not an option anywhere that I can find. Does that feature come standard?

Default no

It does not come with the "standard" software. Unless your a beta tester, we have to wait until they charge us for it like the centerline text.
    Still using 1.120 & 1.126

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast