Thread: Need help with photo for 50th anversery plaque.

Question Need help with photo for 50th anversery plaque.

Hello,
    I need some help with fixing a photo for my 70 year old neighbors plaque. He has help my family out a lot while I was underway patroling the Bering Sea. Now that I'm stationed ashore he has helped me become better with wood working. I want to help him make a plaque for his brother and sister in laws 50th.
    So if you would be willing to help me out I would aprieciate it. I will try to attach the .mpc for it and a jpg
    Thanks,
    Brian Knudson (Canute)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ver-1.jpg  
    Attached Files Attached Files

I would reccommmend doing this carving in iether lexan or corian.

use 1/4 inch and if using lexan you only need to go .07 deep making sure you scath all of the top

if using corian you will want to go deeper so the light can ome thru and make it look like a black and white pic.

as far as the image goes itself when you bring it into designer bring the height down til all the high peaks are gone.

if you are not getting enough control that way bring it into coral or photoshop and change some of the black to deep grey or white to soft gey this will bring the greyscale closer and therefor less contrast when carving.

good luck

Tim
    I know there is no point in reinventing the wheel, but reinventing myself is a worthy goal to be sure.

Tim