Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Desperately need help

Default Desperately need help

I just purchased a Compucarve and I am having problems getting it to work. When I insert the memory card and power the machine on the LCD display reads CarveWright Woodworking Machine and I can't get it to go to any of the other options or menus.
    I uploaded one design to the card to simply test and play with the machine but I can't get this to pull up on the machine.

Any advice?? Does it sound like I have a bad machine?

Have you tried re flashing the card yet? make sure you have updated your designer software then re flash the card. Best of luck.
    Mike G
    Custom wood working, etc, www.gmanind.com

I updated the designer program and re flashed the card. The card was updated but the machine still will not go past the message of Carve Wright Woodworking Machine.

try one of the free projects files that are known to work right here on the fourm, other than that look at your software.

LG

I tried using one of the projects but still the same problem. I can't get the machine to recognize anything that is pressed on the keypad including going into options so I am leaning towards a problem with the machine instead of the software.

This may be a symptom of a bad memory card. Give CW a call (they are there today for a while), and talk to a tech.
    Happy carving , Jeff Birt

Check out www.soigeneris.com for CarveWright Accesories.

Home of the 'Carving in the Dark' back lit LCD kit!

I called CW and they will be sending me a new memory card. Hopefully this will fix the problem.

One other possibility.... Take a flashlight and carefully look back into the slot that the card plugs into. Make sure there are no pins bent over, or broken off. While i havent heard of this problem on the compucarve, i have seen it on computers. Its worth taking a look anyway...

Good luck...

Ron
    To order the "Made in USA" Rock Chuck, and other custom tools and accessories I make for your CarveWright, see my website by clicking here -> http://www.cw-parts.com
    See a quick video of the new Rock Chuck in action here!
    Read up on QC Removal for stubborn chucks here
    See the Rock install video here
    You can also visit here for discussion content.
    Email me by clicking here

Quote Originally Posted by jtlawnman96 View Post
    I called CW and they will be sending me a new memory card. Hopefully this will fix the problem.
    Mostly when a card is bad it will not show the CarveWright Woodworking Machine intro, but just black boxes, does your designer projects show up on the card when reading from the flash manger?

LG

All of the designs show up on the card on the computer. I went ahead and ordered a replacement machine. Hopefully, I will have better luck with it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast