Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: scanning a round, or turned object?

Ken,

Excelent picture, now I know what to look for.

Thanks,
    Russ

Some really good info here. My probe had debris in it and the spring was crooked as well, I loosened the screw holding it and was able to rotate it until is straightened out. the screw was hlding the spring in too high up on the spring and it bent over to one side. Buy backing the spring out I was able to level it out.

use the sensor menu to test it for proper function, the slightest movement should open the probe and it should close as soon as the preassure is released.
    Good luck.
    Mike G
    Custom wood working, etc, www.gmanind.com

Smile Scanning round objects

I scanned this golfball by cutting it, gluing it to my sled. It's just a matter of sawing it to the thickness you would lik. In the case of the tube of lub, glue it down, place a piece of wood to set the "thickness" and off you go.
    Attached Files Attached Files

I picked up some SD grease and took the probe apart. Put a small amount on all of the contacts and straighted the spring. Still sticking open. Took it apart again and put a little grease on the corners and the nut were in contacts the spring...still sticking open. Called CW and explained everything and they think it might be a wire probem. Sending a new one out. Also when the probe sticks in the open position and you turn the CW on it shows that your probe is unplugged. The main menu comes up like you are going to carve. If you push on the probe it will display Scan area.

Quote Originally Posted by HerbO View Post
    My nephews wedding is today and in between the wedding and reception I going to try to get some grease at the auto parts store. One thing I noticed when I had the probe apart was the spring at the bottom was bent over. I straighten it a little(afraid to break it) but I am thinking the square nut on the buttom of the probe might be sticking in the spring since it is not centered proberly. Just another thought.
    When I called yesterday the new tech said he ask an engineer and should not make a difference. After I explained my problem twice about the noise in the scan he ask me to turn the machine on so he could hear it.
    wait...I did hear the noise that shows up in the scans as little dot's...it's called Rap music.I've heard it not only makes niose show up it, can cause your cw to stop and shut down
    Ben

Benluz
    Reminds me of a Bruce Willis movie were the guy asks Bruce how can I cause him pain...Bruce - play some Rap music

Received the new Probe today and just finished a scan. The difference is like night and day. No more noise. DHL delivered in 3 days thats fast from Texas to Pa.

Quote Originally Posted by HerbO View Post
    Benluz
    Reminds me of a Bruce Willis movie were the guy asks Bruce how can I cause him pain...Bruce - play some Rap music

Received the new Probe today and just finished a scan. The difference is like night and day. No more noise. DHL delivered in 3 days thats fast from Texas to Pa.
    Glad your noise is gone....and the Bruce Willis line fits me pretty well.Also as you get some time on your machine and the sandpaper belts begin to wear and get less bite will also causome strange error,so when they start gettin gthat worn look just replace,better than them breaking and bunching up breaking the main drive gear,which is not hard to replace,but why do it if you can avoid it. Happy scanning !
    Ben

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123