Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: AL's Gloat

Default Never bored, but silly

Quote Originally Posted by pkunk View Post
    I'm never bored, but some think I'm a silly old man.
    Straighten up, soldier! Nothing silly going on here. You get old, you start to feel inadequate. Hell, you start to slow down. You don't have to make any excuses, be proud of what you were and what you did. I was there, know the sacrifices made by all. Never ever make any excuses for what you were and what you did. You served this country to the best of your ability.
    It's not a hammer, it's a microadjuster!

Default Snakes.... We got SNAKES....

Thanks Gary,

Found a yellow Rattler all curled up next to the path to the back garage yesterday.... Watched him or her off and on for about 2 hours, I took some pictures. Found him at 7 PM and while watching him in full view he did not move. Watching from behind a old chicken coop, he stuck his head up and opened his mouth and yawned.... Wow what a picture that would have made... So at 9 PM I come up from the shop and he is still there.... Next morning, still there.... By Noon the tin roof of the 4 foot high old unused chicken coop shielded him, half sun, half shade.... Then we noticed the Cardinals in the berry tree above him and realize he is just waiting for the cardinal and blue jay's to land next to him for the dropped berries.... Smart....

We fenced off both ends of the path as we have 3 dogs. I just wonder where his buddy is? We saw 1 last year but 8 the year before, 4 at once near the house. That was not fun.... Using a long handled flat shovel my brave step father moved all 4 into the woods...... Like Disney... they enjoyed the ride... We don't kill them... I made some VERY LONG tongs...

He is still there tonight......

AL

Default Back on topic...

It's 3 AM and I am just getting to bed after completing a rush project for the local Chamber. They needed a set of 3 signs for a tourist info shack and asked me if I wanted to donate the signs?. Sure, I said....

I used 1.029 and centerline text in bold and WOW was I impressed. Used 2 laptops and the RF network to swap the files. If someone could PM me on how to set up both to work on one computer I would appreciate it. Tried on this laptop too last night and only had 1.029.

I sublimated the logo on a aluminum plate to be attached after their painter does the signs. This way his paint matches.

Tried something new tonight. Moving the 40 sets of Quilt Racks around I see the raw wood is getting dirty. I ordered some PVC Shrink plastic in 14 inch wide tube. Seal the end and drop in the wood sign or Quilt Rack. Seal and shrink.... The hair dryer didn't work too well so I stuck it under my 400 degree Sublimation Heat Press. That worked GREAT!!!!!.

Made some Coffee Cups and Yellow pad holders for the Ladies too. They are sublimated too with the heat press and a mug heat press.

The late hour was worth it. Did have a tracking problem with the brass roller earlier today and posted pictures in another post.

AL

I hope you don't have small kids that have access to your yard, Al. I've never seen a kid yet that wasn't curious about critters, especially if not immediately with an adult. Rattlesnakes and kids are made for trouble. Normally our snakes stay away from developed areas, but there are so many new construction sited now in this part of Florida, that whenever a new area is being dug, scraped, or otherwise changed, one has to be aware to be sure all rattlesnakes and coral snakes are not changing into your location. Last thing I want to hear is a rattle when going to step into my car, from a visiter resting in the shade under the car. Makes the small hairs on the back of the neck prickly, that's for sure. Or to hear a kid say, "gee look at the pretty snake, with all those red and yellow and black bands."

Bob

Default Good point

There are no kids here just me and my Step Father. This time of year makes for interesting walks with the dogs to the brook.

There are a few summer kids camps here. My brother worked at one for many years. The only problem was the City Kids wanting to pet the Pretty Kitty with the white stripe down it's back..... No, don't try to pet that kitty....

This week I had a black bear mark a tree between my shop and the house.... Then left a load of poop in my driveway. Last year a baby was killed by a black bear, left on a porch, the Mom inside in Upstate New York. Very tragic.

Pocono Mountains, come see the animals....

AL

The Snake is still there...
    Last edited by Digitalwoodshop; 07-13-2007 at 02:12 PM.

Default Hey, Al, I'm with You (Off-Topic)

Leave the snakes alone, just be careful where you walk!! We had a serious bear attack this spring, mauled one child, killed another, was on all the news channels. Just a few miles down the road from where I live. There was a cougar in the back yard last spring, the same day the neighbor's dog disappeared. Chiggers are the worst, tho, I'm allergic to them and every bite swells up like a boil. I spent two weeks last summer without wearing any clothes, and it wasn't a pretty sight.

I'm done with the off-topic rambling, I promise there won't be any more. Please don't spank me again.

By the way, I'm planning to scan some of my guns, if the probe doesn't scratch them. If it does, I'll probably make the CopyCarver and see what kind of job it does.

Has anybody been to Gatlinburg, Tennessee? That's a magnet for the kind of carving the machine can do. Somebody should check it out. I can't do it because I can't walk anymore.

Sorry for rambling so bad, but that's what I do best. Good luck to you all.

Gary
    It's not a hammer, it's a microadjuster!

Hey Gary,

Thanks for the heads up comment ( magnet for that kind of carving machine ) on Gatlinburg, Tennessee, we have a trip planned to travel there this fall. Well – really my wife Barb planned the trip for one of her Quilting Expo things and I naturally have to tag alone. Now I too have something to look forward to. I’ll do some research on the subject between now and then to see where to go and what to look for. See Gary being a little off subject once in a while can help sometimes, Course Barb says My mind wanders off subject more every day as I get older and that I’m off my Rocker most of time.

And by the way Gary I like your sign off ( It's not a hammer, it's a microadjuster! )
    I’ve been known to refer to my 22oz. Hitter as My One Tooth Saw on more then one Occasion!
    Ken

Ver 1.182 on XL Pro plus Ver 1.164 and 1.175 on Windows 7 Ultimate
    It Never Fails * Till * You Say It Never Fails

Quote Originally Posted by Gary View Post
    Leave the snakes alone, just be careful where you walk!! We had a serious bear attack this spring, mauled one child, killed another, was on all the news channels. Just a few miles down the road from where I live. There was a cougar in the back yard last spring, the same day the neighbor's dog disappeared. Chiggers are the worst, tho, I'm allergic to them and every bite swells up like a boil. I spent two weeks last summer without wearing any clothes, and it wasn't a pretty sight.

I'm done with the off-topic rambling, I promise there won't be any more. Please don't spank me again.

By the way, I'm planning to scan some of my guns, if the probe doesn't scratch them. If it does, I'll probably make the CopyCarver and see what kind of job it does.

Has anybody been to Gatlinburg, Tennessee? That's a magnet for the kind of carving the machine can do. Somebody should check it out. I can't do it because I can't walk anymore.

Sorry for rambling so bad, but that's what I do best. Good luck to you all.

Gary
    Gary,
    I am working on a solution to keep the probe from scratching items. Should have it early next week, and can start evaluating a solution. I have several ideas going for it.

Ron
    To order the "Made in USA" Rock Chuck, and other custom tools and accessories I make for your CarveWright, see my website by clicking here -> http://www.cw-parts.com
    See a quick video of the new Rock Chuck in action here!
    Read up on QC Removal for stubborn chucks here
    See the Rock install video here
    You can also visit here for discussion content.
    Email me by clicking here

Default Anyone Gloat/Share Thread (ie The CarveWright Lounge)

Ken,

Do I see a Quilt Rack in your Wife's future? I made a CD Storage rack version, I still need to cut it out and take pictures.

The Sept 07 WOOD magazine has a break down Baby CRIB that got my attention. After the 911 signs that my next adventure. Stores in a flat storage box, great design. Will try to do it on the Carve machine.

AL

The Snake finally left. But now where is he??? Watching where I step....
    Last edited by Digitalwoodshop; 07-14-2007 at 12:27 PM.

Al
    There are several good projects in that issue for the cw.

later Daniel
    1.187 Custom Woodworking for more than 40-years

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast