Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: AL's Gloat

Smile snake!!!!!!!!!!!!

what kind was it and where my gun? No the big gun.do you think it"s a new scanner?

Default I need one of them.

At least I`m glad to say it don`t seem to be you`ll be hav`n any of them pesky rodent problems.

By the way ya don`t happen to be a sell`n the "hatchlings" for a good price would you ?

Some folks might be amazed at just what they can swallow at times... <grin>
    "Error of opinion may be tolerated where reason is left free to combat it"-Thomas Jefferson

Default Snakes

We have about 20 chickens and the Black Snakes go into the chicken nest and sit. The Chicken's hop on top and lay eggs. The Black Snakes eat the eggs whole.... Here 2 Snakes fight over a single brown egg.

Pocono Mountains of Pennsylvania.

AL

Default Back on topic... The Carve Machine

Had a cracked board wedge in the machine today causing a jam and as designed something must give. The plastic gear broke.

Talked to Chris (Bard) and I will get one soon, they have a few in stock.

I am down with this waiting for the part for this machine and the other one at Texas with a stripped square drive.

Here are some pictures.

AL

Quote Originally Posted by Digitalwoodshop View Post
    Must baby sit the cutting of the blocks, they jump out or fall down. Could cause a axis error.

AL
    Al,
    What if you did a couple of offset paths to the inside, so that it would completely cut up the square hole instead of dropping a slug?

Ron
    To order the "Made in USA" Rock Chuck, and other custom tools and accessories I make for your CarveWright, see my website by clicking here -> http://www.cw-parts.com
    See a quick video of the new Rock Chuck in action here!
    Read up on QC Removal for stubborn chucks here
    See the Rock install video here
    You can also visit here for discussion content.
    Email me by clicking here

Default Tried that

I tried that placing cut path on top of cut path smaller in the center, but it cut the outside first defeating the purpose.

A drill function doing square would be a nice addition to the tool list.

I am only being charged $5.00 for the gear, a bargain in my book. They only had 5 left so I couldn't get extras this time. It was not fair that Warranty pay for my error.

Chris was very helpful.

AL

Default Little blocks

Sometimes the little blocks sink between the belts then jam. I put a wood screw on a dowel to help fish them out.

Progress continues.... Well until a tree near my shop split and took down the power wires 2 poles away. Lost the board in the machine.

AL

Nice enterprise Al!
    I can do without the snakes, my cats keep the rodents at bay and are nicer on the lap in the winter.
    The old tom cat brought me 3 rodents for fathers day. The last chipmonk was still quite alive and I had to catch it myself, nice present.
    The chipmonks around here dig under the sidewalk up to the house and cause it to settle and crack.
    I use a 1/2" bearing cutout bit not sure if it would be small enough for your detail though.
    Mike G
    Custom wood working, etc, www.gmanind.com

Default Half inch bushing

I am using a 1/2 inch bit and a oversize bushing to cut the outside. It was too much machine time to do it on the Carver.

Making standard rail jigs to cut the shoulder of the rails so a year from now they are still the same size.

I plan to decorate the front rail with things like "Handmade by ....." Merry Christmas, Easter, etc.... Make them changeable to the season.

AL

Default The fun continues...

The fun continues and the carve machine is working great. The fans blow the chips away keeping them from getting under the wood piece or template. I was using length to cut both shoulders but found a errors in my length caused different length between the shoulders. I made a new jig for the chop saw with stops so I can cut the same size a year from now. Made a second shoulder cutting jig. The first uses length to cut the first end. Then I use the shoulder in the first side to cut the second shoulder. I will always get the same length between shoulders for a standard. I will print on some rails Merry Christmas and other seasons, the rails will all be interchangeable. With the tapered dowels a quick change.

I picked up another $800.00 in lumber... I hope they sell.... I still have the Solar 911 Signs to do.... My prototypes come on each night.

Sleep... Overated....

AL
    Last edited by Digitalwoodshop; 06-24-2007 at 09:14 PM.

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast