Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: AL's Gloat

Default Here is the file.

Here is the file if someone finds the idea interesting. Much faster than raster.

AL

I'd say that once again your creative side has produced a winner for you, Al.

Bob

Default Loose bit....

I go in the shop this morning and set up a toilet seat bear to carve. I see the bull nose bit is missing from the holder still in the chuck.... Then I see it on the sand paper belt at home position. It carved properly last night but overnight the cool weather shrunk the steel and the bit just dropped out of the holder..... Note to self.... Re Check all the bits on the set I bought from LHR....

The sled I made to do the rails will also do walking sticks called "Pocono Trackers" made of the same rail material and have Animal foot prints laser engraved on the side of the shaft for the kids. There will be a "Catskill Tracker" for the New York people too.

Need to cut a hole in the side of my Laser Engraver to pass through the rails....

Too many projects too little time....

AL

Default Bit it set screw

Also it is a good idea to check the set screw on the bits, I have to QC chucks ruined by loose set screws that fly out and puncture a hole in the QC chuck. To the point where it will no longer hold a bit.

FYI

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213