Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: What is your expertise??

Vashon,

Welcome to the group. Driving a bus for 27 years, and puting up with all those oher drivers, your nerves must be steel. What city did this take place in?

"The CW is intended to spice up my otherwise mundane projects." Like someone said on this forum, "the CW made all of my other tools accessories." so true ..... If you need any help or questions just ask.

Dean

leesheridan, I fly that same KC-135 now...

Thumbs up Kc135

I was stationed at Mather AFB, which is gone now. Does she still go up in a cloud of black smoke following her? That and isn't there a chair for the operator in back rather than laying down starring at the ground?
    In Him, Mike
    msphilpott@tnet.biz

Laying down on the job. Typical flight crews!
    For premade quality patterns visit Vector Arts 3D.

"Belief has never been a prerequisite of truth." - me

We have new engines that have about 4 times more thrust than those steam burners, and there are only two job I know of that you get paid to lay down (I have the god one). I have two officers fly me to work and all I have to do is lie on my belly and pass gas. How does it get any better than that?

Hi all, I likewise am humbled by some of the company that is here. Since this is my first post I will try not to be too boring. I have worked in a small engine shop, an automotive machine shop and repaired mechanical cash registers and electronic accounting machines. The latter was what introduced me into electronics. I helped install most of the electronic equipment that was used when the first Space Shuttle Booster Motor was static tested in the late 70’s. From there I was involved in the installation of the electronic equipment that controlled the automated storage and retrieval machines in automated warehouses. Finally my efforts turned to server management with my current position being in a military medical facility in Utah. I have done minor woodwork as a hobby off and on for years. I am fascinated with the electronic control of mechanical equipment. Now I have a CompuCarve to help satisfy that fascination at home. I picked it up two days ago and all I have taken out of the box is the manual and software. Like the rest of the people here, I am in a steep learning curve with it. It’s nice to know I have someplace to turn for help and assistance when needed. I am looking forwards to being part of this community.

Default Welcome aboard new carver!

Deolman,
    Welcome to our community of carvers! I hope your experience is a great one. This is a very knowledgable group here, and if you need any help, you can usually get it here. The search tool is very good, and has a wealth of knowledge stored inside. If you cant find what you need post a question and someone will certainly help you!

Have fun, and prepare to loose a couple hours of sleep a night for awhile!

again, welcome

Ron
    To order the "Made in USA" Rock Chuck, and other custom tools and accessories I make for your CarveWright, see my website by clicking here -> http://www.cw-parts.com
    See a quick video of the new Rock Chuck in action here!
    Read up on QC Removal for stubborn chucks here
    See the Rock install video here
    You can also visit here for discussion content.
    Email me by clicking here

The first time I went aborad the KC I was suprised that she's just a big hole inside. I had a good fired that flew left seat on her and when they closed out Tailand near the end of Vietnam. He and all of his crew had to have their wifes pick them up in pickup trucks. The Tai's put everything on sail because the US dollar was going away. So, I know there's room for the CC inside during a regular mission.
    In Him, Mike
    msphilpott@tnet.biz

The KC is a good old bird...

Smile old vet checking in

maybe i can get this to time this is one of the projects i have completed

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast