Thread: Tsunami Jewelry Box

Default Tsunami Jewelry Box

I have read most of the posts for several weeks looking for a project to show off our versitial machine.
    I found plans for this Jewel box that was designed for a band saw.
    It looks perfect for our machine and will make your admirers (who do not know about the CarveWright) wonder how it was done.
    My question is - is it possible to carve the first layer of the box ( it is several layers glued together) with a reverse feather around the patten of the outside and inside for the main frame and the drawers?
    I think from the picture you can see what I would like to do.
    I made one using the band saw and it is OK but precise cuts are difficult and you must have the entrance openings for the inside cuts.
    I can send the orginal plans to anyone who wants to try there luck.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails TSUANUMI.jpg  

I have been doing Lois Ventura boxes for several years now (which is what that is) in dozens of different patterns (cars, trucks, butterflies, grizzlies, rabbits, et al). I'm not completely sure what you are asking. These could be done on the CW by cutting each layer individually then doing the glue up. But in truth, you could produce these alot faster with less drawer gap by continuing to use your bandsaw. But I think using the CW to make drawer pulls would be much safer on the CW.
    For premade quality patterns visit Vector Arts 3D.

"Belief has never been a prerequisite of truth." - me