Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Harley Carving

Default Harley Carving

I was wondering if the Harley carving can be done as a single as I would like to make two identical ones to be put on a friends cabinet doors (18"x22") so probably about a 6"x6" carving that would be cut out & applied to the doors. I cant seem to seperate them and resize them, I've had the machine for a while but have been unable to use i for some time, so I'm very rusty - TIA Dubliner

There's been several different 'harley' carvings. Post the one you're talking about & maybe we can help.
    The 50-50-90 rule: Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

Do it on a Mac.
    Vietnam Vet '65-'66

Default Harley

Hey there Paul. This is it I guess I'd like to be able to try to carve two of either one of these. Hopefully I attatched it correctly - Neville
    Attached Files Attached Files

While I'm begging, how can I get an Olde English font aswell ?

Quote Originally Posted by Dubliner View Post
    Hey there Paul. This is it I guess I'd like to be able to try to carve two of either one of these. Hopefully I attatched it correctly - Neville

I think 6x6 would be too small for that carving as a single. I did one as a test that was maybe 10x 10 (I'd have to check it if you want), and there was some broken areas. Decide what you want as far as text, etc and let me know.
    The 50-50-90 rule: Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

Do it on a Mac.
    Vietnam Vet '65-'66

I downloaded the file and displayed it in Designer, clicked on one of the Harley logoes, then right clicked and selected Delete..... Voila, it diappeared and I was left with one logo to play with and save. Hope this helps.

Ernie

Default resizing board

Paul & Semper Fi.
    I was able to delete one side but can I resize the board to accomodate a larger carving & as for text, I'm looking for the typical old English or the name is Cerda if needed. Can I download a new font into CW? TIA Neville

What I did was to pick out which side I want, click it so the area of the one I want to carve is highlighted, right click, click "Query Select" (you will use "query select" to select the logo itself), then click "copy". Just make sure the logo itself is copied, not the outside box line.
    Then I start a "New Project" and after choosing the board settings then I Paste the project I chose, center it, stretch it, etc. and go from there.
    Be sure to save it after designing it on the Designer.
    You may have to monkey with all this to get what you want.
    Hope this helps.
    Norman
    Last edited by MrFTAMan; 05-25-2007 at 03:06 PM.

Default Fonts

You might try simplythebest.net, they have many fonts
    that you can add to the fonts on your computer

Default fonts

Thanks for the link - I downloaded Old English, can you tell me how to get it into CW, one of my problems is I'm trying to learn a Mac at the same time. Dubliner

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast