Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: well folks good luck with everything!

Quote Originally Posted by Gman_Ind View Post
    Good luck with your E-bay purchase I hope you have fun with your new big boy toy.
    Mike, I bought mine new, unless you didn't mean me!!! Still I will let everyone know how the training goes!

Rick

Sorry to see ya leave "menewfy", but we all know this little toy ain`t for everyone and their hearts desire, just a few fools such as I... <grin>

I know you`ll be happy with the "other" ideas that are out there. Its just some of us wanted to get in kind`a less expensive (cheaper), that`s all.

Some might, as well as few will.
    "Error of opinion may be tolerated where reason is left free to combat it"-Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by HillBilly View Post
    Sorry to see ya leave "menewfy", but we all know this little toy ain`t for everyone and their hearts desire, just a few fools such as I... <grin>

I know you`ll be happy with the "other" ideas that are out there. Its just some of us wanted to get in kind`a less expensive (cheaper), that`s all.

Some might, as well as few will.
    no worries I regret not that I owned on ebut that it was down more than working. I know that the big toy will be more of a learning curve but it also has more capabilities and oportunities.

I did buy mine used on ebay and just happened upon it in frustration, then I jumped because it is not much more than what I have into the cw when I include shipping charges I needed to pay for to get the parts i needed for repair. albeit that is because I wanted them right away instead of waiting 1-2 weeks for shipping each time.

and I was also sick of having to tell customers sorry my machine is broken again I will get your item done as soon as possible. not a good way to expect word of mouth to help you along.

tim
    I know there is no point in reinventing the wheel, but reinventing myself is a worthy goal to be sure.

Tim

So true Tim, no it isn't a toy! I have had to tell my customers a time or two my machine is down. The good thing is my machine has been doing ok. With the exception of the check cut motor. But I received a new cut motor today so I hope that problem will be gone.

I didn't buy a ShopBot to replace my CC. Again if I had all your troubles it would be replaced.

I will let you know how the ShopBot training goes this week! Still sorry to hear the CC didn't work out.

Rick

Good luck with your new purchase.I too just jumped into the big cnc world...Alot to learn.
    But one the bugs are out of the cw it will be hard to beatin the olwer price end and the closet thing is 5,000....well even with the bugs it's worth it to me.I would have never made the leap to a big cnc .
    Well...take care .
    Ben

AGREED!!!!

without the cc I would have never known this world was around so therfor never would have made the jump, however I am glad I did I just got it home last night have it set up and should be making chips fly by tonight.

Tim
    I know there is no point in reinventing the wheel, but reinventing myself is a worthy goal to be sure.

Tim

Rick, i know your family encouraged you to buy a new machine I guess to avoid buying someones problems.

I have looked into several CNC router options, I see some of you on the other forums as well.
    I am a technician in my full time job and support a friends CNC shop by networking his cnc machines and PC's together. I know the machines he owns the monthly payments are more than the cost of the CC.
    Mike G
    Custom wood working, etc, www.gmanind.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12