Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kokopelli

1. Default Kokopelli

Just replaced an rpm sensor and chuck and needed something to try it out on. My wife asked me to try this since I really didn't have a particular project ready. At least its not firewood this time. One of these days I'll get the hang of this machine and really have some fun.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails koko.JPG  

Smile

I like that surfer dude file..What wood did you put that on..It looks like curly maple but I could be wrong..Nice job on it..

Talking Surfer?????

Natman,
    That's not a surfer. I don't know of any cactus that grows in the ocean. I think it's a Native American with a pipe or flute!!
    Are ya smoking canine fecal matter, AGAIN????

http://home.att.net/~inabnitt/wsb/ht...out.html-.html

4. Default

Thanks natman. The wood is actually just a piece of 1x8 pine from home depot with some leftover stain(oak and provincial mixed I think). Sarge is right. Its a figure of southwest native american origin. The real meaning of it depends on who you talk to. I've heard everything from a fertility diety to a trickster spirit. I've trashed too much nice wood for a while so am doing most stuff in pine for now till I have something really good thats deserving. Anyone here ever tried to carve cocoboa wood. Georgous wood but really pricey.

That`s a great carving ! I love it. It amazed me most folks didn`t know what it was.

Now as to "Sarge" smoking that stuff, I`d for one like to get some of whatever he`s got...<grin>
    "Error of opinion may be tolerated where reason is left free to combat it"-Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by VtBlues View Post
    I've trashed too much nice wood for a while so am doing most stuff in pine for now till I have something really good thats deserving. Anyone here ever tried to carve cocoboa wood. Georgous wood but really pricey.
    Cocobola should carve o.k. - but it is, as you said quite pricey and a bit on the oily side. Don't think I'll put any in my CW.
    Bill

As my Grandpa used to say "Suit yourself and let the rest be pleased!"

I`d have to agree with "cajunpen" that the wood "Cocobola" should carve with some good results, and as such might be best held back untill you`r sure your willing to risk the cost of it. It might not take stain as you have seen from some others however, but it is a nice wood to use at times.

Here`s a little something to add to your files if You`d like to.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Cocobola.jpg  
    "Error of opinion may be tolerated where reason is left free to combat it"-Thomas Jefferson

Default Interesting

Hi Vtblues; Looks Like A Nice Rounded 3d Pattern. Can You Share It? Kokopelli- Hillbillys Wilkapedia- Very Interesting Meaning I Did Not Know. Being From The North East Maybe.

My bad guys..Kinda looked like a surfer to me..Now that it's been pointed out I guess cactus don't grow in the ocean..Guess I should lay off the canine fecal stuff myself

Default Kokopelli

Great job on the Kokpelli, would you be interested in sharing the art work?

Thanks
    Lucky13

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast