Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Special request

Default Special request

One of my coworkers recently lost his baby neice a few months back in an accident and wants me to carve a photo of her in wood..Could you fellows look at it and see if there is anything that can be done to clean it up better..All I have is paintshop pro to work with..Sure would appreciate any help...Thanks...Below is the mpc..
    Attached Files Attached Files

Cool Niece

Natman,
    Check this out. I think it's there, didn't take much horsin' with to get it real close. If I had the picture, could probably get it sharper.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Picture1.jpg  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Sarge; 05-07-2007 at 11:02 PM.
    Are ya smoking canine fecal matter, AGAIN????

http://home.att.net/~inabnitt/wsb/ht...out.html-.html

Sarge that is truly remarkable work..Thanks alot..What software are you using to work with photos? I've done a few that turned out real good but this one was a ltlle tough to do even though it was crystal clear..Would love to send you the two photos I have but I can't figure out how to make the photos small enogh to upload..The current files are 1560x1400..This photo was his second choice the first one was done by a proffesional photographer and she had her arms stretched out as if she were reaching for the stars..If you could instruct me on how to shrink the files I could post both photos...Again,Thanks alot and truly amazing..

Posted before but a good reminder.
    To quickly resize photos Use a free Microsoft powertoys application. called image resizer available free here. scroll down and click the link onthe right side that says image resizer. It is a little to big to post but easy if you follow the link.
    Mike G
    Custom wood working, etc, www.gmanind.com

Default To Make URL's small use 'Tiny URL'

Resize those extra long URL's so they fit a message window. It's free.
    http://tinyurl.com/create.php
    The 50-50-90 rule: Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

Do it on a Mac.
    Vietnam Vet '65-'66

I think I can get the picture to you now that he wants...Herer goes..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails neice2.jpg  

Unhappy 2nd pic

Quote Originally Posted by natman View Post
    I think I can get the picture to you now that he wants...Herer goes..
    Natman,
    The black dress bodice , the dark couch and the bright highlights on this pic make it virtually impossible to get a good finished product. Unless there's someone out there with high powered software. I'm running Corel X3 and have tried everything my knowledge allows me to do. I just can't get it where I would even try to carve.

Sorry dude.
    Are ya smoking canine fecal matter, AGAIN????

http://home.att.net/~inabnitt/wsb/ht...out.html-.html

Default Dark Picture

Natman, Give this one a try. I lightened it and increased the contrast for you.
    Eagle1
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Natman-Baby-pic.jpg  

I`d agree with Sarge. The photo is going to take some major work to get it to a carving state.

This is the one thing I do feel most folks need to understand. You can`t just take a photographic image as "you" see it and get it to carve the same way, it takes quite a bit of work with several programs to get it right. Heck, and then we`re still not satisfied with what we`ve done...<grin>
    "Error of opinion may be tolerated where reason is left free to combat it"-Thomas Jefferson

Hey guys,Thanks alot for the help..I knew when I saw the photo that it would be nearly impossible to fix right to carve..But trying to figure things out is the fun part..I desperatly need to get some new software for this kind of work the only problem right now is this new windows vista we have..Still alot of things that are not compatible with it...Again thanks alot for the help..Now that I have figured out how to post pics and mpc jobs I'll start putting more on here..Hopefully I have a few ideas that everyone could use

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast