Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Question on buying a probe

Default Question on buying a probe

I have a basic question on purchasing a probe. Who do you order from, Sears or Carvewright? I have been on Sears list to be notified for awhile now, but if I order from LHR, would I get it first? Sears won't even accept an online order because they are out of stock. Where are you guys, and gals, getting yours from?]

I NEED ONE!!!!!!!!

Ernie

Most of the folks that are receiving probes right now ordered them from CW weeks or months ago. You can order it now while they have some from CW at full price plus shipping (about $3.00 by mail) or go to a sears store or outlet and order one to be sent to the store when it is available, their on sale now and if you pick it up at the store there's no shipping. Sorry I couldn't tell you how to get any quicker though.
    I'm also thinking that when sears dose get the probes in to their stock they may put them on sale like they did with the CCs plus the crarfsman club discount might bring the price back to the original $299.99 and no shipping. (maybe just wishful thinking)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails AnyC00006.jpg   AnyC00007.jpg  
    Last edited by Kenm810; 05-05-2007 at 08:45 PM.
    Ken

Ver 1.182 on XL Pro plus Ver 1.164 and 1.175 on Windows 7 Ultimate
    It Never Fails * Till * You Say It Never Fails

Ordered from Carvewright on Friday and it's way now, will arrive on 5/9
    Last edited by Bill; 05-06-2007 at 07:00 AM.
    Computers-Yuk....I should junk it...It never does what it should do...only what I tell it.

When online to Sears early April and checked box for notification when available. Got an email on 5/12 saying now available.
    Got tired of waiting and called in an order on 5/1 and was put on Sears wait list and am waiting for notification of shipment.

Quote Originally Posted by want2b View Post
    When online to Sears early April and checked box for notification when available. Got an email on 5/12 saying now available.
    Got tired of waiting and called in an order on 5/1 and was put on Sears wait list and am waiting for notification of shipment.
    Carvewright received 500 the other week,I'm not sure if sears is getting any of those or not,better to order from Cw at this time.

Default Sears probes available

I was notified Sunday 12:19 AM of the following !

Good News! The item you requested, is now available at Sears.com. You may go
    directly to the product page by clicking the link or you can paste it into your
    browser:

3-D Scanning Probe http://www.sears.com/sr/javasr/produ...id=00921778000

Ron
    To order the "Made in USA" Rock Chuck, and other custom tools and accessories I make for your CarveWright, see my website by clicking here -> http://www.cw-parts.com
    See a quick video of the new Rock Chuck in action here!
    Read up on QC Removal for stubborn chucks here
    See the Rock install video here
    You can also visit here for discussion content.
    Email me by clicking here

7. Default

I just tried ordering it. All goes well until after the credit card info in entered. Then it comes back with the probe being removed from the cart as not in stock. Tried several times with the same result... They either sold out very fast or their system is really messed up?

Quote Originally Posted by BearlyRich View Post
    They either sold out very fast or their system is really messed up?
    YA Think !

Please try and understand with whom you are now dealing with folks.
    "Error of opinion may be tolerated where reason is left free to combat it"-Thomas Jefferson

9. Default

Apparently the big problem is simply supply and demand. Sears sold out right away. I finally got to call Carvewright today about my chuck problem (handled very nicely) and ordered a probe from them (handled very nicely). Unfortunately, they're also out of stock... So at least I'm on the waiting list, which Sears doesn't do...

LogCabinMom Guest

Default Probe on eBay

I have one I don't need, brand new in the box, never opened. I just listed it on eBay for list price plus the $10 shipping/tax/whatever that CarveWright charged me. Guess I'll pay the shipping to return it to CarveWright if it doesn't sell. Thoughts?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast