Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Probe arrived!

I went through the menu and the probe changes from closed to open with a slight touch. I double checked it with a meter prior to installing it and the meter says its breaking continuity when the needle is deflected. I checked for cracks or wire breaks again and it is in what I can tell perfect condition.
    It is making me think it is the logic in the CC itself that is not working right. I have had a touchy rear roller sensor and maybe thats acting up again ? the thing works but I have to add extra preassure when loading a board some times. The boards are flat local hickory.
    BTW I received a call back, from a nice lady who informed me a tech will call me soon.
    Mike G
    Custom wood working, etc, www.gmanind.com

Quote Originally Posted by Gman_Ind View Post
    I went through the menu and the probe changes from closed to open with a slight touch. I double checked it with a meter prior to installing it and the meter says its breaking continuity when the needle is deflected. I checked for cracks or wire breaks again and it is in what I can tell perfect condition.
    It is making me think it is the logic in the CC itself that is not working right. I have had a touchy rear roller sensor and maybe thats acting up again ? the thing works but I have to add extra preassure when loading a board some times. The boards are flat local hickory.
    BTW I received a call back, from a nice lady who informed me a tech will call me soon.
    Hello Mike,

Please let us know what the diagnosis is from CW after you talk to a Tech.

Thanks.
    Michael T
    Happy Carving!

═══ Links to Patterns & Resources for CompuCarve™ & CarveWright™ ═══

I just talked with a couple of CW tech's. I have an error they never saw. The probe is testing out fine. but not completing the scan cycle. They really did not know what it the problem, but are working with me on resolving the issue.
    Mike G

just for the heck of it ,did you by any chance while the sled was in the machine do a 0 then 7 and check all the sensors,my friends probe was acting weird and one roller was reading uncompressed with the sled in.I'm not sure what problems you were having so this may be way off base.
    Ben

I have ran through the sensor menu and the rollers are OK, the probe is testing correctly as well. I have had rear roller problems with this machine early on. and I get a board removed error on occasion.
    Mike G

What firmware version are you running?
    Happy carving , Jeff Birt

Check out www.soigeneris.com for CarveWright Accesories.

Home of the 'Carving in the Dark' back lit LCD kit!

Quote Originally Posted by Gman_Ind View Post
    I have ran through the sensor menu and the rollers are OK, the probe is testing correctly as well. I have had rear roller problems with this machine early on. and I get a board removed error on occasion.
    While you were in the sensor mode, did you move the z-head all around and see if any of the sensors changed while you were looking at the sensor readouts.I was just trying to rule out a short in the board sensor harness.The wires work there way out of the channel with a protective plastic cover and the edge of the plastic cuts through them and the result can be all sorts of weird problems.
    Ben

Default sending to Texas

I replaced the keypad and was checking it out and it would not see the probe at all. I figuried I missed a wire so I dis assembled it again and checked all of the wires again. wiggled and reseated all that looked like they connected the probe to the rest of the machine. The probe checked out using a meter. I wiggled the z axis cable and it read the probe was there, trouble was it never changed from the closed state. I removed the probe to get back to the pile of carvings I need to get done but the machine is stuck in probe mode, it shorted to ground somewhere. After talking with CW techs he said if the homing sensor on the zaxis is damaged it can pull too hard on the wires and damage the board. My homing sensor is completely gone, maybe when the bit holder came loose and jumped around in the machine it destroyed the sensor and the vacuum sucked out the parts before I knew they were gone.
    I hope the machine is fixed up better than new when it returns.
    Mike G

Default follow up

I received the machine back and completed my first successful scan. The machine is performing like a champ. I scanned a plastic gear and found that if I set the scan depth to just below the top of the gear It behaved better than if I let it try to scan the whole gear. I would say if I was to scan another object with a sharp vertical wall I will set the scan depth near the top.
    I must give Thanks!! to the members (Michael T) who posted videos of their scanning tutorials it really helped get over the learning curve as fast as possible. I was very comfortable the first time out of the box and got right into the swing of it. I took note of the tip on setting the scan depth, very helpful..
    Last edited by Gman_Ind; 06-05-2007 at 11:07 AM.
    Mike G

Default Hey GREAT news

I am happy to hear yours is up and running. I haven't forgotten our bet, I'll be contacting you after my 'outlaws' leave on the 20th to square up. <g>

J
    "Today I am becoming who I once dreamed to be."

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast