Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Probe arrived!

Good ideal Mike, I'll chec mine out first before set-up! But, when you say 'a lot of money' for the probe, did you every check pricing on indexer's, big buck-o's. we got a steal... Rick

Mine got here too- so whats everyone all fired up to scan? I have some original woodwork I'll be scanning so I can redo my kitchen.

Julie
    "Today I am becoming who I once dreamed to be."

I got mine as well. Got to go make a sled now!
    Kipp

I got the notice that mine has been shipped also..... only problem is that when it gets here it will be totally useless. The last "fix" that CW had me to make to get rid of the "close cover error" destroyed the connection for the scanning probe also. Has anyone heard anything about the method that they are going to have to connect the probe, or whether or not it is ready for use? I've got a call into CW (Sat) but not sure when I can expect to hear anything from them.

Roger

5. Cool local probe

anyone in the so. cal area with a probe. i would like to see how it works with what i have befor i but out even more money.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfvonstk View Post
    anyone in the so. cal area with a probe. i would like to see how it works with what i have befor i but out even more money.
    Hello wolfvonstk,

I would invite you over, but we're in Brunswick, Georgia!

Perhaps you will find my video about the scanning probe helpful to you.

Here is the link...

http://www.carvebuddy.com/scanningvi..._it_works.html
    Michael T
    Happy Carving!

═══ Links to Patterns & Resources for CompuCarve™ & CarveWright™ ═══

Just a quick update; I still can't scan! same story as before the machine will not go past the 'select first corner' I can't select the first corner. I gave up for now I have others carvings to get out. Remodeling season has blossomed along with the flowers and time is getting hard to come by...
    I'm off to finish a floor I started yesterday.
    I appreciate any hints as to why IT will not allow me to select the first point.

I will try to go through the sensor menu again tonight, It recognizes the probe but it acts like something is stuck on or off ?? a button or sensor? I will post if I figure it out.
    Mike G
    Custom wood working, etc, www.gmanind.com

Quote Originally Posted by Gman_Ind View Post
    Just a quick update; I still can't scan! same story as before the machine will not go past the 'select first corner' I can't select the first corner. I gave up for now I have others carvings to get out...
    I appreciate any hints as to why IT will not allow me to select the first point.

I will try to go through the sensor menu again tonight, It recognizes the probe but it acts like something is stuck on or off ?? a button or sensor? I will post if I figure it out.
    Hello Mike,
    Sorry to hear you are having problems. Try the following test to see if the probe itself indicates it is working properly...

Probe Test Instructions:
    STEP 1: Install the Probe into the quick changer and plug in the connector wire, then turn on the machine.

STEP 2: The LCD displays "1) Scan Area"

STEP 3: Press "0" on the keypad for "Options"

STEP 4: Press the keypad DOWN ARROW until you see "7) Sensor Check" on the LCD display

STEP 5: Press the # 7 on the keypad

STEP 6: Press the keypad DOWN ARROW until you see "Probe State" displayed on the LCD

STEP 7: Manually deflect the probe tip gently to either side and watch the LCD. If the probe itself is operating correctly, the LCD display will toggle between Open/Closed. If it does not, you will need to contact CarveWright Service and let them know that your probe may be defective.
    Michael T
    Happy Carving!

═══ Links to Patterns & Resources for CompuCarve™ & CarveWright™ ═══

Michael T.
    Thanks for the reply, I have seen this menu, indicating the probe state, I did not move the probe and see if it changes yet. the menu indicated a closed state .
    I can't get the chuck open to accept bits or the probe right now it is locked up!
    Mike G
    Custom wood working, etc, www.gmanind.com

Quote Originally Posted by rgant05 View Post
    I got the notice that mine has been shipped also..... only problem is that when it gets here it will be totally useless. The last "fix" that CW had me to make to get rid of the "close cover error" destroyed the connection for the scanning probe also. Has anyone heard anything about the method that they are going to have to connect the probe, or whether or not it is ready for use? I've got a call into CW (Sat) but not sure when I can expect to hear anything from them.

Roger
    If nothing else have them send you an old senor board of the probe/homing sensor with the flat ribbon cable and you can plug your probe into that(does not have to be installed in the the z-head to work as long as the one end is plugged in and the other is plugged into the probe) , black tape the rest so it does not short on metal surface and use it as sort of a extension cord to your probe.Maybe you have your old one if you took yours out.
    Ben

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast