Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Probe arrived!

Thumbs up Probe arrived!

JUST RECEIVED MY WAYWARD PROBE! I just happened to pickup some melamine for the sled. I am off to make a sled read the manual and wonder why they send a CDROM?
    Mike G
    Custom wood working, etc, www.gmanind.com

The CD has your Probe serial # which you need to register with CW to get the unlock code for the probe software (Pattern Editor) in Designer.
    Happy carving , Jeff Birt

Check out www.soigeneris.com for CarveWright Accesories.

Home of the 'Carving in the Dark' back lit LCD kit!

Thanks Jeff, the little manual that came with it said "to locate the serial number use the options menu on the keypad to access the information"
    It did not mention what to use the information for.
    Mike G

Got my probe today also, I forgot all about it... ha! Going to be fun

Default Must be raining probes from Heaven...

...'cause I just got mine today too. I guess some little manufacturing house in Hong Kong has given forth with a decent-sized batch. It's been so long since I ordered it, I forgot what I had planned to do with it.

cycollins

please leave the guy's from Hong-Kong out of the subject, there people just like u & me trying to support there families, bless der' sole's! Ric

Unhappy

Well Mine quit on the second scan. after re-formating the card, reading everything I could get my eye's on, and re-seating it several times it would still not accept the start point to start the scan. if I pressed enter and held it the LCD would read the std press enter again to confirm or arrows to move. when I let go it went back to jog to start position again. I even changed back to the first test piece I had some success with (partial carving no sled used) still no joy.
    I brought it with me to contact CW today but while looking at it closer I decided to pull the 3 screws out and look at the inside of the magic unit.
    it is like a simple joystick swash plate, except wired normally closed series circuit. my spring was in crooked and plastic burs were under one contact. I have cleaned out the debris, and rotated the spring a little and it straightened up perfect. I hate to say I actually spent this much $$$ on something so simple and poorly assembled to boot.
    I will see if my cleaning and straightening had any affect on the probe when I get back to my shop.
    If this does the trick I will be overjoyed.
    Last edited by Gman_Ind; 05-08-2007 at 12:40 PM.
    Mike G

Thanks for the Info Mike,
    it's something that a lot of chippers out there with new scanner probes will need to know.
    Last edited by Kenm810; 06-12-2007 at 12:38 PM.
    Ken

Ver 1.182 on XL Pro plus Ver 1.164 and 1.175 on Windows 7 Ultimate
    It Never Fails * Till * You Say It Never Fails

Good day.

I also received my probe yesterday, but have not had a chance to try it yet.
    Thank you GMan for the information. It could be very useful to some of us.

Cheers,

Bladesmith

I registered the probe and unlocked the scanner part of the designer software.

I discovered a really great ability to edit imported images and patterns, I was able to cleanup lumps and delete stray speckles. the blur tool is sweet. I opened the lighthouse in a ships wheel PTN file and the blur tool smoothed out the bumpy sky really slick. This should be in the main software in my humble opinion. I was able to add material as well. it has an eyedropper to grab shades and a paint fill tool. It also has a few eraser tools and some crude line segments, no rubber band lines just a paste of a segment. in the two views zoom and pan is supported but strangely it is not linked I had to zoom and pan both windows separately.
    Mike G

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast