Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Comments and praise

Default Open a new forum for the probe

Is there a chance that CW could start a newforum just for Probe questions.

Mike
    Mike

2. Default

I like idea of the Probe section. We will be making some changes to the forum in the near future, and I will try to get that in.
    Chris Morlier
    CarveWright

Hello Chris,

Any progress yet on establishing a Forum Section for the Probe topics?
    Michael T
    Happy Carving!

═══ Links to Patterns & Resources for CompuCarve™ & CarveWright™ ═══

4. Default

Yes, we will be bringing a new forum online next week, and the probe section will be part of it.
    Chris Morlier
    CarveWright

Quote Originally Posted by cmorlier
    Yes, we will be bringing a new forum online next week, and the probe section will be part of it.
    I am sure you have done this already, but in the odd chance you haven't... check out Jon Jantz's forum at www.allcw.com and the mechanism for signing up as a new member... might be the ticket to prevent the spambot crud that has happened in the past. yes a tad inconveinient, but well worth it I think.

BTW... I love my machine and it works great right out of the box!!!

P.S. Bard needs a raise too!
    ver 1.162
    -If it ain't broke, don't fix it. If it is jammed, force it. If it breaks, it needed replacing anyway.
    -If it moves and it shouldn't, duct tape it. If it doesn't move and it should, Boeshield T-9

Thumbs up No Problem Machines

It would be nice to hear from the owners that are having no problems. It might help to calm the nerves of the people with problems to show them that the machines can work well. STAND UP AND BE COUNTED!!!
    Ron Baird Ottawa, Ontario (summer)
    Rockport, Texas (winter)
    Beta Tester since Jan. 2005

Default NO Problems

I have had my machine since Jan and made over 20 projects (around 40 hrs). NOT one problem or glitch to report. I do keep my fingers crossed after hearing of the others who had problems, but I am very happy with my machine !!

Thumbs up

Hi, I'm a new CompuCarve owner.

I picked up my machine last Saturday. Before I even unpacked the machine I read the manual. After reading some of the posts, I decided to really learn about the machine before I turned it on.

I found the software updating to be rather confusing and time consuming, but thanks to fellow forum member Mark Marzluf, I made it through that stage.

I am happy to report that my CompuCarve worked right out of the box and so far with 5 carvings under my belt it is still working flawlessly. I am very happy with my purchase.

Jim

Thumbs up No Problems

I had been following this forum and down loaded the manual, I went through it page by page before my machine came. My CC worked out of the box, and except occasional dust build up on the sensors. It’s been carving since the second week in January 07.
    I am very pleased with my machine.
    Last edited by Kenm810; 03-17-2007 at 08:25 AM.
    Ken

Ver 1.182 on XL Pro plus Ver 1.164 and 1.175 on Windows 7 Ultimate
    It Never Fails * Till * You Say It Never Fails

Default No real problems here...

I bought my CC last week, and have 3 projects accomplished. I noticed on very hard woods such as paduke (from the heart of the tree) the image chipped out a bit here and there, but otherwise, no problems to report. I had a few "pilot error" mistakes that I made, such as inputting the wrong thickness of the board- which caused a Z-axis failure, but once I adjusted that, it worked just fine. So it pays to be accurate!

I also noticed that it really matters on the types of images you use to carve.
    It would be nice if you could use just any picture, but if you have Photoshop or Coreldraw, you can make vector images from regular photos. I used a regular photo on my first project, and the results were fairly poor.

I would like to be able to make desk signs for people - with thier picture and names on them - Still working on that.

Thanks,
    Chuck

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast