Thread: Close Cover Error

64falcon Guest

Exclamation Close Cover Error

I just got my new machine. 27 min into it and I get a close cover error. I checked for loose connections but did not find any. The machine will cut for 1-10 seconds than will move to its full upward position with the close cover error. Press enter and the same thing happens??? Any ideas?

First - have you updated the software? Alot of these problems go away with the newest version which is 1.120. Go to the help menue in Designer.
    The 50-50-90 rule: Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

Do it on a Mac.
    Vietnam Vet '65-'66

64falcon Guest

The software has already been updated to v1.120

Default Try this

Next with a small Philips screwdriver make sure the screws are snug not over tightened that hold the left or keyboard side lid switch. Don't break the switch by over tightening the screws. This fixed my problem for a few days then a wire problem in the Z area caused the error again plus other failures.

Let LHR talk you through the procedure. 1-800-573-1226 ext 4. My unit took the big trip after the board sensor quit too. It's on it's way back for repair.

Good Luck,

AL

64falcon Guest

Thanks. I read your previous post and tried tightening the screws but it didn't fix the problem.

If I remember right, that description is similar to what I had just before the long trip to Texas. Call CW.
    For premade quality patterns visit Vector Arts 3D.

"Belief has never been a prerequisite of truth." - me

falcon, I am sorry to say but your machine will need to be sent in for repair. I had to do the same as HandTurnedMaple. One thing you might try and I would check with CW first. They had me remove the small ribbon cable on Z truck. You need to push the cutting head all the way down and you will see a small plastic tab. With some needle nose pull it off and then pull to cable towards you and then straight up. You may need to use a little force due to the ends being glued in. The thing is this will disable the use of the probe. So if you use the probe it will need to be sent in for repair

Of course before you do anything turn off the machine. Like I said call CW first that was a couple weeks ago I was told to do this. Who knows it may not be the fix for it anymore.

The good thing is the turn around time is quick, well the start. They use DHL to ship it back to you and DHL isn't the fastest! I called they e-mailed a Fed-X shipping form and my CC was picked up the next day. I think it took 2 days to get to CW and they had it for 2 days and DHL took 5 days to return it.

I was going to call to see if I could pay to have it shipped Fed-X back to me. But it was already shipped. When you call CW ask for Hope or Omar they are very helpful and know their stuff!

Rick

I`m running version 1.19 here and as of yet, have only had the dreaded "close cover" issue come up twice in in the last two weeks.

I`m holding tight, that`s it`s a "software issue", looking for a fix.
    "Error of opinion may be tolerated where reason is left free to combat it"-Thomas Jefferson

By the way, my "clock" is recoarding just over 25 hours carving time.

But then, I do "talk" to "her", every night before I go to "the other house"...<grin>

Heck, This is getting good, as I`ve done been married a few times. This might just be turning out to be the "least-expensive" of some of them...<grin>

Ya know, I`m kidding ya right ?
    "Error of opinion may be tolerated where reason is left free to combat it"-Thomas Jefferson

Angry Close Cover Error

Had this in the last 2 carves. Call LHR yesterday on a different issue which was operator error. I mentioned the close cover error but since it may have been related they said to call back. Yes I know it was almost 6:00pm. Anyrate I started a carve. In order to get 1% completed I had to push enter 15 times until I got too 25%. It came down to 5 times and by the time I was at 33% one once every 5 %. I know I should have quit but I was so frustrated I was not gonna quit until this one was done.
    I'll call again today 5:45pm because that's when I get home to see if we can fix this.
    Eva