Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Check cutting motor

Default Check cutting motor

Between 20 and 40 percent through a project I get the check cutting motor message. When I press enter it will run until the project is completed but at a higher rpm. I have checked the forum and determined it must be the rpm sensor, but I wonder if I am hurting the machine at the higher rpm. I'm waiting for a return call from cw but have several must finish projects in the meantime
    It's hell to be 25 years old penned up in a 65 year old body.

Default CCM message

Is it only me or has anyone else noticed that after pressing Enter after a CCM message that the RPMs seem MUCH higher than they were earlier?

Ken
    Last edited by DocWheeler; 04-29-2007 at 05:16 PM.

It seems they're higher for a little while and then settles down to the regular speed. But I have poor hearing anyways, so I thought I was imagining it.
    The 50-50-90 rule: Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

Do it on a Mac.
    Vietnam Vet '65-'66

Talking Ya know what that's called don't ya?

Quote Originally Posted by pkunk View Post
    It seems they're higher for a little while and then settles down to the regular speed. But I have poor hearing anyways, so I thought I was imagining it.
    Senior moment!

JON,

I think part of a best friend's job should be to immediately clear your computer history if you die.

Default voltage flux hit enter

Sounds like a voltage spike that could be shutting down the unit.

LG

I,ve also noticed this on my last two projects. I've had my machine two months and had the "check cut motor " from day one. but I noticed the RPM change in my last two carvings.

My machine was repaired and a sent back. Today, second project after return (1 hour 20 min using 1.120 sw) 50% into project got CCM message. Just pressed Enter and completed project.
    Ken Rugaber
    South Milwaukee, WI (winter)
    Munising, MI (summer)
    Using designer 1.164
    My Website
    http://www.ruggybear.com/

Need to catalog your MPC and PTN files? I recommend FilePick
    http://www.rsbriggs.com/fp/index.html

Default High RPM

I don't know a lot about woodworking or the CW, but I've been a gearhead most of my life and when I punch the enter button after it shuts down, the machine sounds to me like it's taching about three notches over redline. But the new rpm sensor is on the way

Terry, this is the most common issue with the CC. I have a post, "all you can do is laugh" It became very interesting and went over the check cut motor completely. I also posted a check cut motor update.

I have replaced 3 sensors and next is the cut motor. So check out the 2 post I learned a lot from them with all the other members input.

Rick

Default Rick

I read your post. It sounds real familiar. When the tech called me he had me remove the rpm sensor to check for the magnetic tug. I had the tug so he determined it was in fact the sensor. He said it was ok to run the machine even at the higher rpm. After removing the sensor for the check I tried another project and got your Please close cover message. After going through my complete vocabulary that makes a truck driver sound like a housewife, I found a wire that I must have loosened while removing the sensor. Anyway that's all I hope it is. Found the post to be helpful, thanks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast