Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: USN Insignia

Default USN Insignia

I know there is discussion going on elsewhere on the Forum regarding copyright material and the Services. But I am trying to make two signs for my Father-in-law and Great Father-in law, both had 25+ years service and have earned the right in my eyes to have the insignia carved into a sign with there name. What I am looking for is the crossed anchors insignia for boatswain and the anchor and rope with USN for Chief. I was wondering if anyone has a good .ptn file of these, or someone who has a probe could scan them for me.
    I am proud to call them my Family for the service they gave there country and would appreciate any help in allowing me to fulfill this small gesture.
    Thank you.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Boatswain Insignia.jpg   Chief insignia.jpg  
    If it doesn't fit force it. If it breaks then it needed replacing anyway.

Have a Craftsman Carver and Running Ver. 1.150

Posting pictures tutorial http://www.malanoski.com/downloads/posting_pictures.pdf.

Smile USN Awesome

I have been looking for that, would you mind posting that of the forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky13 View Post
    I have been looking for that, would you mind posting that of the forum.
    These are just two pictures I found surfing the net, they do not convert into designer very well. That's why I was asking if anyone has a better file they could share.
    If it doesn't fit force it. If it breaks then it needed replacing anyway.

Have a Craftsman Carver and Running Ver. 1.150

Posting pictures tutorial http://www.malanoski.com/downloads/posting_pictures.pdf.

Default Looking too

I am a retired Navy Chief and would love to have that file too....

AL

FCC(SW) Retired 3 ships, 27 countries, 1976-95.

I did one up a while back very similar to this, I think it's posted here somewhere.... I'll look for it and get back...
    Free Tutorials, Patterns & Projects at www.ALLCW.com

Ok... found it. It's pretty similar to the USN design here. ((BTW- if you're looking for the .PTN file, it's in the zipped file attached to that post))

http://www.carvewright.com/forum/sho...1770#post11770
    Last edited by Jon Jantz; 04-24-2007 at 11:33 PM.
    Free Tutorials, Patterns & Projects at www.ALLCW.com

Default Insignia

Quote Originally Posted by forqnc View Post
    I know there is discussion going on elsewhere on the Forum regarding copyright material and the Services. But I am trying to make two signs for my Father-in-law and Great Father-in law, both had 25+ years service and have earned the right in my eyes to have the insignia carved into a sign with there name. What I am looking for is the crossed anchors insignia for boatswain and the anchor and rope with USN for Chief. I was wondering if anyone has a good .ptn file of these, or someone who has a probe could scan them for me.
    I am proud to call them my Family for the service they gave there country and would appreciate any help in allowing me to fulfill this small gesture.
    Thank you.
    The issue with copyright doesn't really come to play, until someone is making stuff for sale.

Here are the insignia for Chief Petty Officer, Senior Chief Petty Officer and Master Chief Petty Officer. I've also included Boatswains mate rank insignia. The rank insignia are in the next post.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails CPO.jpg   SCPO.jpg   MCPO.jpg   Resize of Rank Insignia - US Navy - E6 - Boatswain's Mate (B.jpg  

Rank Insignia - US Navy - E7 - Chief Petty Officer.jpg  
    Are ya smoking canine fecal matter, AGAIN????

http://home.att.net/~inabnitt/wsb/ht...out.html-.html

Cool Rank insignia

Here are the other insignia for Senior Chief and Master Chief. For those interested, I have a complete library of CD's with military clipart. Here is the website for them. www.oldmp.com/art
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Rank Insignia - US Navy - E8A.jpg   Rank Insignia - US Navy - E9 - Master Chief Petty Officer.jpg  
    Are ya smoking canine fecal matter, AGAIN????

http://home.att.net/~inabnitt/wsb/ht...out.html-.html

Default Jon, navy anchor

Jon,
    liked your master chief anchor you made, is there any way that I can remove the stars or add just one star. Iam a retired senior chief (E- and would like to carve the design but cant figure out how to remove and one star and move the other one.
    thanks

Jon,
    Very nice graphic
    Computers-Yuk....I should junk it...It never does what it should do...only what I tell it.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast