Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Flex Shaft

pamjmayo Guest

Talking Flex Shaft

Has anyone had their flex shaft (inside metal core) break off? I had the first one do that and got a new one last week. Started carving this morning and the second one broke. Obviously this isn't a problem with the shaft but something else. HELP

I asume your talking about the shaft and not the spring liner. I had one start to twist but could feel it heating up and stoped before it did twist off. This is the first I have read about just breaking off.

I would give CW a call.
    Computers-Yuk....I should junk it...It never does what it should do...only what I tell it.

I got a new machine last week and as I was setting it up I checked the flexshaft and it was dry no lub good thing I checked it, is your cc new?

pamjmayo Guest

Default Flex Shaft

I checked the metal portion and it was oiled so I don't think that's the problem.

Pam

Default flex shaft

What type of material are you carving?

pamjmayo Guest

Default flex shaft

just 1" wood. weird huh?

Do you have any pictures of the broken shaft?
    Happy carving , Jeff Birt

Check out www.soigeneris.com for CarveWright Accesories.

Home of the 'Carving in the Dark' back lit LCD kit!

pamjmayo Guest

Default flex shaft

I'll go take one right now

Does the bit turn freely by hand (don't cut yourself)? Most obvious answer to me is the motor is turning the cable, but the head is seized up.
    For premade quality patterns visit Vector Arts 3D.

"Belief has never been a prerequisite of truth." - me

I have had a CW since 5/2/06 and have sent the thing back 2 times and I still have problems.

It looks like I will be ignored. They call it beta machines and they won't back up anything. This is a continuing problem. My machine is a un-working POS. cable gets hot after 20 min. And it won't work with a piece of wood over 20 inches long.

I will try to call up Chris, but as usual he won't respond. (You would think that somebody would call me after all my complaints)

nick.obermire@gmail.com

The owner even said that he would take care of the beta testers, but for some reason has not.

I guess it's time to rant. I spent a lot of money for somebody else's dream.
    Last edited by nicobie; 04-23-2007 at 06:50 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast