Thread: Setting Scan Options?

Default Setting Scan Options?

I have read the directions several times. Once both corners have been specified the display does not show the Scan Options Menu, where I wish to set the depth of scan.

After setting the corners it shows the Quality (3) options but that's it. According to the directions it should, after selecting the quality, again show the Scan Option Menu, not mine it just starts the scan.

Has anybody else had this condition? Or does anybody have a clue as to what I am doing wrong?

Many Thanks!
    Gary
    If you think you can or you think you can't, you're right!

Default take a peek here!

Right.....
    Check out this video that a member did and see if you can glean anything from it. I'm sure someone will have an answer for you in a few.
    Scanning Probe Video "How It Works"
    Last edited by jonweis; 04-20-2007 at 05:45 PM. Reason: forgot the url
    JON,

I think part of a best friend's job should be to immediately clear your computer history if you die.

Hello Gary,

After selecting the two corners, use the keypad DOWN arrow to toggle through to the Quality (2) and the Depth (3) options. After you've set those options to your liking, then select (1) to Proceed With Scan

The video I made does indeed show this, if you want a "visual".

Here is the direct link to the online video:
    http://www.carvebuddy.com/scanningvi..._it_works.html
    Michael T
    Happy Carving!

═══ Links to Patterns & Resources for CompuCarve™ & CarveWright™ ═══

Default Thanks but, I still have a problem

I would like to thank you guys for the assistance, It is a great video by the way. However, as I originally posted, I never get the to the Scan Option Menu.

I thought maybe that the sled I built out of 1/2 furniture grade plywood, slightly undersized, that it may be the cause. So I built another sled, same problem.

As soon as I set the second corner it starts the scan. I tried all the sugguestions, watched the video again and even read the directions again. Absolutly, I am never presented the Scan Option Menu. It does scan and I was successful in carving my scanned project, that part works great.

I guess it is time to call the CarveWright techs.

But again thanks for taking the time to offer assistance.

Quote Originally Posted by right_wright@msn.com View Post
    I would like to thank you guys for the assistance, It is a great video by the way. However, as I originally posted, I never get the to the Scan Option Menu...
    As soon as I set the second corner it starts the scan. I tried all the sugguestions, watched the video again and even read the directions again. Absolutly, I am never presented the Scan Option Menu. It does scan and I was successful in carving my scanned project, that part works great...I guess it is time to call the CarveWright techs.

But again thanks for taking the time to offer assistance.
    Hello Gary,

Sorry we couldn't be more helpful. It does sound as if your machine is doing something quite out-of-the-ordinary.

Since you are certain you followed all the proper setup steps , I guess only CW can shed some light on the problem.

Please let us know what CW says is causing your machine to bypass the normal setup options.
    Michael T
    Happy Carving!

═══ Links to Patterns & Resources for CompuCarve™ & CarveWright™ ═══

What firmware version are you running? Seems that I remember something about the max scan depth being added in a recent firmware version. Version 1.120 is the latest.
    Happy carving , Jeff Birt

Check out www.soigeneris.com for CarveWright Accesories.

Home of the 'Carving in the Dark' back lit LCD kit!

Default Software version

Hi Jeff,

I am currently running 1.113 version of the software. I did see that 1.120 is now available but, everything is working so well I did not see the need to jump on the upgrade, maybe I will reconsider after talking with the CW tech gang.

I have to go to NY all of next week so I will not make the call to CW until I return. I have lots of faith that it is fixable.

The scans we did are awsome, we are thinking molds for casting for glass, of course my wife is thinking casting molds for chocolote, hmmmmm!

Again many thanks to all of you!

Default Scan Options Works Now!

Again I want to thank you guys for your help. The fix is in. I called the CW techs and the simply told me to update to the latest software version which I think is 1.120. That did the trick. I can now access the Scan Option Menu and set the depth of scan.

Again thanks!
    Gary