Thread: Photo Distortions

Default Photo Distortions

Similar to Lucky 13 photos. All the photo images, especially of individuals, have 'bubbles' or 'blisters'. I've tried many of the suggestions by 'Sarge' and others to no avail. I'm using Adobe Elements, grayscale, adjust contrast, etc. and have been saving most of the time as gif, some as png. Digital photos from a Konica 4mg camera are at hi res 1704x2304 and saved as jpg. Photos look crisp and detailed but Desginer images are distorted. Where and how do I need to clean photos prior to uploading to Designer. Suggestions and ideas are most welcome at this frustrating moment. Have had machine for about 3 weeks. The machine is working fine ... the operator needs assistance !!!

Can you either post here, or send to me as an email a small section of the photo that produces the problem and the designer file that shows the result.
    Regards
    John

3. Default use png format

To reiterate what someone else said first...the best file type to import into Designer is .png format. Jpg and gif files create artifacts. I'm not saying this is your whole problem, but I thought it bears repeating.

CMT

Default grayscale

Is grayscale a program or a format. I've carved a few photos and they weren't perfect but were good enough for me. But I here grayscale is good for photo carving, but I don't know what that is. If anyone can answer I'd be thankful.

Grayscale is a function of your graphics program. If the option exist it converts you color pallet to shades of gray. This does not always translate to a good picture in designer and has to be manipulated. Designer works best with shades of gray converting them in to depths for the carving fom light to dark. Exploration is the best method to see what works, what appears pleasing to the eye in your graphics program may not turn out as well in designer. I've seen some fine work done in designer that as a graphic looks dull and washed out but carved some fine detail.

Cliff

Quote Originally Posted by Mikewiz View Post
    Is grayscale a program or a format. I've carved a few photos and they weren't perfect but were good enough for me. But I here grayscale is good for photo carving, but I don't know what that is. If anyone can answer I'd be thankful.
    Greyscale is from within your photo program where you take the color out and convert it to grey shades. Designer then reads these as different depths. (not necessarily the right depths)
    The 50-50-90 rule: Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

Do it on a Mac.
    Vietnam Vet '65-'66