Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Weird request

Default Saving Time

Save Yourself A Lot Of Time And Hassles-don't Stink Up Your New Machine. Use Enclosed Pattern And Make It As Large As You Want.(lol)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails fish study 1f_1_r_pa_tagged.JPG  

Quote Originally Posted by rgant05 View Post
    I came back cause I had a brain storm only to find that Pkunk had just posted the same idea..... guess its true that great minds think alike LOL
    Heheh Ok then!
    The 50-50-90 rule: Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

Do it on a Mac.
    Vietnam Vet '65-'66

What type of release agent would you apply to the fish.

slight pun...
    Mike G
    Custom wood working, etc, www.gmanind.com

Quote Originally Posted by Gman_Ind View Post
    What type of release agent would you apply to the fish.

slight pun...
    No barb Maybe cooking oil?
    The 50-50-90 rule: Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

Do it on a Mac.
    Vietnam Vet '65-'66

well here is an idea take a digital pic of it and see how that turns out. might not be as good as a scan but hey just might work.
    I know there is no point in reinventing the wheel, but reinventing myself is a worthy goal to be sure.

Tim

Question

Waiting for my scanner so can't speak from experience but with the shape of a fish being what it is and probably being thicker than 1 inch how would the scanner handle the edges since they would not be flat on the sled?

Quote Originally Posted by want2b View Post
    Waiting for my scanner so can't speak from experience but with the shape of a fish being what it is and probably being thicker than 1 inch how would the scanner handle the edges since they would not be flat on the sled?
    Maybe it's a flatfish like a flounder? You can set the depth of scan so it only does the 1" and the probe just drops off the edge but doesn't register.

Do it on a Mac.
    Vietnam Vet '65-'66

Thx for the info, wondered if there had to be a continous area to be scanned. Appreciate the jump on my 'learning curve'.

Default Fish Are For Eating

I WOULD SUGGEST TO YOUR FRIEND THAT HE LET YOU CARVE HIM A PLAQUE THAT HAS A SIMULAR FISH ON IT AND THEN EITHER TEXT HIS CATCH ON THE FRONT OR BACK OF HIS TROPHY:

JOHN SMITH
    LARGEMOUTH BASS
    27 lb 3 oz
    BLUE LAKE
    06/05/06

I HAVE MADE SOME NICE ONES USING A SLANT CUT ON A LOG AND PUTTING THE ACKNOWLEDGEMENT ON THE BACK SIDE. WHO KNOWS HE MAY WANT MORE TO ADD TO HIS COLLECTION OF PERSONAL RECORDS.

IF NOTHING ELSE - FOOD FOR THOUGHT.
    http://allcw.com/

Patterns reasonably priced at or below cost.

Carving in LA (Lower Alabama)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12