Thread: Chair/bench for dolls

Default Chair/bench for dolls

This piece will never be completed in this shape, as it was supposed to be a bench for two, and it came out a bit too narrow.
    Not glued together, held by screws only.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2024-03-09 16.41.49 - Copy.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	79.4 KB 
ID:	89219Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2024-03-09 16.42.16 - Copy.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	66.7 KB 
ID:	89220Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2024-03-09 16.42.34 - Copy.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	75.0 KB 
ID:	89221Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2024-03-09 16.42.43 - Copy.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	47.4 KB 
ID:	89222
    Located at a nice spot in Europe...
    Current machines:
    • model A, QC, firmware 1.188, sandpaper belts, "brainless"
    • model A, Carvetight, rubber belts, A907, illuminated display from soigeneris (Jeff Birt)
    • 2 x model C, Carvetight, still in box

Software: Designer 3.106, Designer 1.188, Centerline, Conforming vectors, STL importer, Scanning probe, Blender (to create depth maps )

Shame it didn't turn out as you wanted. I like the design, especially the way the arms are accented by the channels making them seem independent while a part of the end. Could you add ends to the back like the end of some tables using a contrasting wood? Believe they're called breadboards. At least you could save the wood and the carve. Don't believe I'd be comfortable doing something like that for the bottom due to weight on the joint. Thanks for sharing it with us. Again, would like to see what you decide. I've learned a lot from the various folks who've shared here.

The design looks nice. The carvings came out great.

Agree totally with want2b. Since its not glued you could just redo/modify a couple of pieces to lengthen the chair. Add a bit of lumber on either end of the back to get to the size you need and then use dowels and glue. Since its for dolls it will not see a lot of stress so I would not be too worried about strength (but dowels and glue will be strong). For a longer seat bottom I would just use a longer board but you could do the same trick and then use some bracing pieces to make it look like part of the design.

I to would agree that the width could be modified to get the length to need. To nice looking a project to waste the wood. Working with wood, you always can have issues that you have to blend in to make them look like they were part of the overall project from the beginning. Very nice craftsmanship by the way.

Thank you for your input!

I believe I will go for a new back and seat, longer ones this time, possibly with slightly different design.
    As far as the seat goes, I believe I will do cutout for the seat using a tapered 1/8 bit with 2-3 degrees angle. That will make the sides of the chair naturally "lean" towards the middle when I put in the screws, thus keeping the back in place.
    Located at a nice spot in Europe...
    Current machines:
    • model A, QC, firmware 1.188, sandpaper belts, "brainless"
    • model A, Carvetight, rubber belts, A907, illuminated display from soigeneris (Jeff Birt)
    • 2 x model C, Carvetight, still in box

Software: Designer 3.106, Designer 1.188, Centerline, Conforming vectors, STL importer, Scanning probe, Blender (to create depth maps )

Wishing you luck with the rebuild, hope everything works to your advantage.