Thread: AI depth map generators

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default AI depth map generators

There is a race war right now on who can get the best depth map (bas relief) AI algorithm.

Microsoft, Google, Adobe, Tik Tok and who knows how many other agencies are working on this capability. Of course to package as part of their image filter packages that become a selling point to buy their hardware or service.

From the Youtube reviews it looks like TikTok (Depth Anything) has the current lead but I could not figure out how to install it into my Stable diffusion XL installation. I don't know Python coding or Git so its all on me.

They are all impressive. Technology is moving on. Custom 2.5d patterns are going to be getting easier to do pretty soon (already).

The process still needs a little bit of manual labor to clean up but way faster than the traditional modeling techniques. These took me under 20 minutes from AI image to complete cnc pattern.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails deer medallion marigold depthmap small.png   ai generated eagle render small.jpg