Thread: Designer 4 Not Working on latest Mac OS upgrade

Post Designer 4 Not Working on latest Mac OS upgrade

I'm having an issue where the software won't accept my log on. I've worked with support and the log tells me that the software has no internet connectivity. Which is obviously untrue as I'm logged on here and using email. I can't find any menu item on the Mac OS to allow the Carvewright software to connect to the internet. It seems on Ventura they have moved a lot of things off the usual menus. For example, I had the Mac shutdown at night and restart in a morning. I wanted to disable that and had to use a terminal window and some cryptic Unix command. I'm assuming Apple has done the same with allowing applications - probably 3rd ones, allowing/disallowing access to the internet.

So enough gripping does anyone know a solution? I haven't found one yet. Support points me to Apple, and all I found was a general article saying that there are several issues with Ventura including 3rd party internet access!!

FYI Mac OS 13.5.1 (22G90) Apple M1 chip 8G memory

Ok It's fixed! It turns out my username and password was wrong. I had updated the password, but for some reason it didn't take so I was stuck in loop of trying wrong passwords. Support was very gracious helping me despite my frustrating emails. I just hate it when things are working and then you do an software update and things break!