Thread: locking handle

Default locking handle

Really weird one today. Ran a carve on a machine I picked up a few of years ago. Didn't use much but recently felt it needed to be 'exercised'. Same one that just lost the cut motor. Anyway, as it was measuring the board I happened to be right there and heard a strange noise but everything went ok and the carve ran the first part ok. Changed to the cut bit and set up was good. Cutout started and I went to the next room but realized after a minute that carving had stopped. Had an X axis stall, never had one before.
    Stopped all and restarted just to watch. When measuring heard the noise , stopped the machine and found the locking handle had become loose and was hanging down catching in the already carved area. Wild, haven't touched the handle in years on any machine, actually forgot about it. Have run probably 70 or 80 hours on it, guess it's working out all the old bugs. Happy it was an easy fix, just a totally weird problem.

This is the first time that I can remember ever hearing of this issue. Thanks for sharing it may save some lumber in the future. Glad to see that it was an easy fix as well. Not sure if anyone looks at the locking handle any more.

Glad it was a simple solution. Happy carving.