Thread: Bad cut motor

Default Bad cut motor

Guess I'm paying for having time to carve things, machine stopped in the middle of a cutout of 4 items for Easter. Ended up being a bad cut motor. Tried brushes first with no luck, then removed it totally and tried running it on the bench with no luck. Pulled it apart and found an open winding, all my previous failures were brushes. What really ticked me off is naturally it quit while in the wood and snapped the cutting bit, Another $ gone and then I had to cut three items out on the scroll saw. At least I have backup and can hopefully finish the projects.

Sorry to hear about your motor. I'm not even sure without looking know if LHR still supports them. From what I have seen lately is they are not carrying all the parts for the older units, which is why I had to go else where to get my Y axis belts. If I get a chance I could look to see if I got an armature around. Most older software has no support. I do not think you can even get basic, so selling these older units may be a thing of the past as well.

They still have the cut motor listed and brushes. Appreciate the offer, the open is in the stator windings. If you do find one that may have a bad armature I'd buy it from you and see if I can make a spare. Often thought about having one just was more than I wanted to have laying in a box.
    Happy carving!

Sorry to hear about the motor but glad you could at least finish the project. Keep us in the loop on how it goes.

Quote Originally Posted by Mugsowner View Post
    Sorry to hear about your motor. I'm not even sure without looking know if LHR still supports them. From what I have seen lately is they are not carrying all the parts for the older units, which is why I had to go else where to get my Y axis belts. If I get a chance I could look to see if I got an armature around. Most older software has no support. I do not think you can even get basic, so selling these older units may be a thing of the past as well.
    You can download basic from their website. Still available for anyone who wants to use it.
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

New motor arrived today, ran on the bench and during test in the machine so all is well again in Mudville.

Quote Originally Posted by fwharris View Post
    You can download basic from their website. Still available for anyone who wants to use it.
    Thank you for the input. I was a bit worried they would forget about.

Glad to hear that the is good in Mudville once again.